Outdoors
Sponsored by

New Colt Viper

1,625 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by agsalaska
Gunny456
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was at a gun show this past weekend and got to view and handle one of the new Colt Vipers. I was greatly impressed by the quality of fit and finish.
Thought I would share this GunsAmerica Digest link.
http://click.gunsamerica.com/Pages/Click.aspx?ghff34ghj=8679%7c9679%7c672731%7c7%7cebjqlobl596%40tznvy.pbz&wdmdk=9zvPJ2kWoLtGdKbsoIoU4w&sysid=1

I like wheel guns and have been impressed with the quality of the new Colt snake guns.
With all the hell we got goin on in the world I thought we might have a little fun looking at a new gun.
agsalaska
AG
That's a pretty gun.

Colt does high gloss stainless better than anyone. I have a Python with that finish and it is top notch.

Interesting he didn't like shooting .357 out of it. I wonder if that writer just doesn't like .357 or if there is something, maybe the weight?, about that gun that makes it harder to shoot than a Python or a Model 27 or something.

When you held it did you think it would be tough to shoot magnums out of?

On a side note that Federal Punch out of of 4 inch revolver always tests out very well. That's good stuff.
Gunny456
AG
I thought so….. I thought it felt plenty for .357. Felt better than a 4" Model 19. I know…. I speak blasphemy!
agsalaska
AG
The hell you say.
agsalaska
AG
Just kidding.

I love my pythons but kind of go back and forth on the Colt v S&W debates.

My favorite maker is definitely S&W but my favorite revolver is a Python.
Gunny456
AG
Oh no doubt on that! Pythons, imho, are the finest revolvers ever made. Wish I would have been able to have looked into a crystal ball in the 70's and 80's.
Don't you?
agsalaska
AG
I dream of that every day, though a little later for me

I ran pawn shops in Houston from 2000-2006 and wish I knew then what I know now. I ran the Tomball store in 2002-03 and should have bought 50 guns. All of that cool stuff is now bought up and in collections never to see the light of day. But it was nothing for a day to include several guns that are worth 5-10 times more today, especially the older deer rifles.
Gunny456
AG
Roger that. My issue was back then I had just got married and we had $125.00 in the bank on our wedding day.
Wife's dad was a gunsmith and weapons curator for a museum. The stuff I coulda/shouda bought but was worried about just paying our electric bill.
Wonder where some of that stuff is.
Belton Ag
AG
Memories…

Many years ago I pawned my Remington 700 BDL in 30-06 to help fund our wedding. I intended to buy it back but we found out we were pregnant right after we got back from our honeymoon so there went the rifle.

My beautiful bride was so grateful because she knew how much it meant to me and what a big deal it was to part with it.

So fast forward to today, whenever I feel the need to scratch a gun itch, she never complains.

Psycho Bunny
Those looking for a Colt Python and have the extra pennies and nickels.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/handguns/colt-python-357-magnum-6in-stainless-revolver-6-rounds/p/1620948?srsltid=AfmBOooKVfgE3KsToh2c4tb7M35o7gH8bcUMKMSzRZ7pAsa_oLVhZc0x
Gunny456
AG
Good bull!
Trinity Ag
S
Belton Ag said:

Memories…

Many years ago I pawned my Remington 700 BDL in 30-06 to help fund our wedding. I intended to buy it back but we found out we were pregnant right after we got back from our honeymoon so there went the rifle.

My beautiful bride was so grateful because she knew how much it meant to me and what a big deal it was to part with it.

So fast forward to today, whenever I feel the need to scratch a gun itch, she never complains.

You have the makings of a hit Country song there...

You missed a great chance to name the kid Remington.
kyledr04
AG
agsalaska said:

I dream of that every day, though a little later for me

I ran pawn shops in Houston from 2000-2006 and wish I knew then what I know now. I ran the Tomball store in 2002-03 and should have bought 50 guns. All of that cool stuff is now bought up and in collections never to see the light of day. But it was nothing for a day to include several guns that are worth 5-10 times more today, especially the older deer rifles.

Guns and Rolex. Wish I had safes full from back then.
agsalaska
AG
Yep. And gold. But I was so broke I was doing good just not having to pawn stuff myself. By 2003 I had dug out of it and put a little money aside. Married in 04 and off we went. But man I should have a few of those guns.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.