Outdoors
Sponsored by

Saskatchewan Moose

1,191 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by aggiebrad16
shalackin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got here yesterday after a long long drive. First things first...... driving through Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota and souther Saskatchewan is an absolute beating. I knew Kansas and Nebraska were bad, but holy moly the others are worse. And the people all talk funny. Border check was pretty easy, and interesting. I got grilled on how much my hunt cost, how much I paid for my rifle, do I still owe money on the hunt, did I bring cash for that or check. Again, they were nice, but they just seemed a little overly fishing for something. I guess thats their job. Got to the dock and boat picked me up to take me to the lodge as 2 other moose hunters were getting on the float plane. The pilot reminds me of the movie American Made with Tom Cruise. He is definitely "off" a little bit. But I guess that makes sense with float plane pilots in the bush. The lodge is nice and simple. After I got unloaded, they asked if I wanted to take a boat out a fish. Well..... hell ya I do. So I jumped in and took off for a cove after a few directions. Pretty intimidating to go solo in such unknown country, but felt pretty awesome. They made sure I grabbed my rifle in case I saw a moose. Bear and Wolf are on the menu too if seen. Already saw a big wolf on the way in. I caught my first ever pike. Small one, but at least I got one out on my own. I was glassing the large cove when I looked back and realized a storm was about to roll in unexpectedly. Read too many of those headlines... so I hauled tail back to the lodge, barely beating it in.

Anyways, I get on my float plan in a few hours and will be off the grid for up to 6 or so days, or until I kill a moose. Am hoping I get too update with the trifecta of Moose, Bear, Wolf when I get back
AgLA06
AG
Give em hell!
shalackin
AG
Oh...... I checked all the places I stopped....

Lots of 300wm and even 6.5creedmoor. But no 300 PRC on the shelves. That just means it's super popular, right? LOL
AZAG08
AG
In for the follow up pictures and story
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
In. Good luck!
TRIDENT
AG
Good damn luck!
shalackin
AG
shalackin
AG
you can shoot a wolf, but only if you shoot it before your moose. Once you shoot your moose, your wolf tag expires.
shalackin
AG
A few pics before I head out

shalackin
AG
Float pilot flies out of the town area, 20 min from lodge. yesterday he said he wanted a beer and might stop by the lodge after dropping of the hunters. We are standing out on the dock and dude skimmed the trees. Never heard anything til he got over them in sight. He was looooooow. Landed, drank a beer, got back in and took off. he said he was trying to take out a limb that bothers him. said he would get it next time.
Shoefly!
AG
shalackin said:

That looks like a German Shepherd on roids!
And good luck!!!
Shoefly!
AG
shalackin said:

Float pilot flies out of the town area, 20 min from lodge. yesterday he said he wanted a beer and might stop by the lodge after dropping of the hunters. We are standing out on the dock and dude skimmed the trees. Never heard anything til he got over them in sight. He was looooooow. Landed, drank a beer, got back in and took off. he said he was trying to take out a limb that bothers him. said he would get it next time.

Whollee chit!
TX_COWDOC
AG
Good luck! Send updates often!
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
AgDad121619
AG
shalackin said:

that's a hoss !
BurnetAggie99
Have a buddy from Burnet that drives to Canada every year to hunt Moose, Elk, & Bear. He's been doing it over 20 years. Don't know how he does it.
1990AG
AG
Place looks just like the place I fished out of in the Northwest Territories back in the 90's

agsalaska
AG
shalackin said:

Oh...... I checked all the places I stopped....

Lots of 300wm and even 6.5creedmoor. But no 300 PRC on the shelves. That just means it's super popular, right? LOL
That was going to be my first question
aggiebrad16
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.