Outdoors
Sponsored by

mesquite table build

799 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by SoulSlaveAG2005
agrams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I posted a few pics on my desk thread, but figured I would try to do a build thread, not just a "finished" product thread.

this is going to be a monster mesquite table from probably the 3 longest, straightest mesquite boards I've ever seen. 2" thick rough, and 3 are sequence cut boards from one tree. I'll bookmatch the outside boards and the third board in the middle. roughly 130" long rough (will cut down to 120 finished) and 38-41.

DVM97
AG
I had no clue a Mesquite tree could grow that tall and straight!
Funky Winkerbean
AG
That table is going to gorgeous.
Mark Fairchild
AG
DVM97: You and me both, never, ever, never saw much of anything but a Mesquite bush, some bigger but NOTHING this tall and big around!!!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
aggiesundevil4
AG
In
John Cocktolstoy
Mark Fairchild said:

DVM97: You and me both, never, ever, never saw much of anything but a Mesquite bush, some bigger but NOTHING this tall and big around!!!
I remember in the 80's a friends grandad over by the Guadalupe Mtns had a mesquite that was over 100 years old and two guys barley could connect their hands around it. It had been hit by lightning and and some of it split. He sold it for $20,000 uncut, they came and removed it with a huge spade machine if I remember correctly. It was a velvet mesquite.
aggiebrad16
AG
In for the ride
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
In
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.