Amazon/USPS Struggling Again?

18,618 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by trouble
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I put a couple items in my cart. Same as Koko, "Free Prime Delivery" would arrive Sunday Sep 8th to my house. (Allegedly). I searched for pickup locations and there were a half dozen or so, but only Century Square had Friday Sept 6th delivery (two days) - all the rest had Tuesday Sept 10th delivery.

Maybe the Amazon truck that delivers the package to the USPS every day also goes to Century Square to drop off packages, but the USPS has to bring them to all the other locations?

Koko Chingo
AG
That's funny. That is the kind of stuff that usually happens to me. Or rather it says two has sooner then gets lost.

I still have time for that to happen.
RodTidwell
harrierdoc said:

I'll give my experience this weekend.

Amazon shipment said would be delivered on 8/31. Got an email saying delivered at 2359 on 8/31. Delivered to agent, or whatever. Of course, I'm still up after the game, so go out and check mailbox, area around mailbox, area by my gate (but was open for nephew picking up jet ski his dad left earlier in day), and front door. Nothing.
Sunday afternoon I'm running over to Lowe's and mail vehicle pulling in my entryway. I ask if he's turning around or dropping off, and he said he had a pkg to be delivered. I told him I was notified it was delivered the day prior. Guy said, "I don't know. My buddy just asked me to deliver these things (he had quite a few pkgs in vehicle) and I didn't need to scan the delivery ".

Shady dealings by CS USPS.
The USPS has done this for years. They scan items as delivered in order to meet their service objectives/goals and then the package just sits on the dock until the next delivery cycle, which maybe that afternoon or the next day.

It is very shady. At one point the USPS was called out for it locally and it stopped for a while, but we've been seeing the same shady stuff as well lately. What helped us last time is we filed a complaint at thru the following link.

https://www.usa.gov/postal-service-complaints

Bob2525
Seems like everything is going to Sheet. Sent a UPS overnight for $70, didn't get there until 3 days later. Next time I'll just drive it there myself.
maroon barchetta
My wife and I were just talking about this. It's awful.

She has read about buyers paying extra to have the seller add an AirTag into the shipment with higher dollar items.
LOYAL AG
AG
I just ordered 6 things from Amazon and all of them are set to deliver Friday so at least somethings are back to two days.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Tailgate88
AG
LOYAL AG said:

I just ordered 6 things from Amazon and all of them are set to deliver Friday so at least somethings are back to two days.
Interesting. I have two items in my cart. This morning I proceeded to checkout as a test (and made the post above) and at that time they said Prime Delivery on Sunday. I did not check out though.

Just now, went back and proceeded to checkout and now it says Friday, in two days.

Maybe they've caught up? Maybe we'll be back to normal until Black Friday....
histag10
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Mine always did this. And then the day it was supposed to arrive it would change to "shipment delayed", and when I would look at tracking it would still be at Amazon or have just been picked up. Then it would take several days to update again or deliver.
LOYAL AG
AG
histag10 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Mine always did this. And then the day it was supposed to arrive it would change to "shipment delayed", and when I would look at tracking it would still be at Amazon or have just been picked up. Then it would take several days to update again or deliver.

That's interesting. Today I had the same experience as Tailgate where the items showed Sunday when I was shopping then by time I ordered later in the day it had changed to Friday. I'll try to remember to update the thread Friday if they arrive.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Everything I try and order says Tuesday, Sept 10 for delivery.
LOYAL AG
AG
Well mixed results. I ordered six items. Five of them arrived yesterday which was two days but the sixth was delayed till today. From tracking that appears to have been Amazon's fault as it shows to have left the Amazon facility in Humble yesterday morning then returning there in the afternoon. Already this morning it shows to have arrived at the Bryan Post Office.

Now let's see where USPS delivers it. We bought a new house yesterday and the mail forwarding was effective yesterday. Of course the items that arrived yesterday went to the old house. Today is moving day so I'll be at both throughout the day but still I'm curious.

The good news though is at least some things are back to two days.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Everything I order is still a week.
MiMi
S
MsDoubleD81 said:

Everything I order is still a week.

I checked a couple of items for Prime and delivery is estimated for either Sept 11 or 12. Still not good.
Rexter
I'm shocked. I ordered a $14 item on Thursday and it showed up on Saturday. Shipped out of Baltimore.
maroon barchetta
Rexter said:

I'm shocked. I ordered a $14 item on Thursday and it showed up on Saturday. Shipped out of Baltimore.

Not shocking.

If you were in Baltimore you would get out of there as fast as possible too.
trouble
AG
I ordered a bunch of books for my preschooler's curriculum on Wednesday. Roughly half each arrived Friday and yesterday. There's one out for delivery today. None of them had to come through Houston.
woodiewood
Rexter said:

Much of what is sold on Amazon is not shipped by Amazon but by the vendor selling the item through Amazon's system. I often get shipments a day or two before scheduled and I thnk it how fast the 3rd party venor ships.
Tailgate88
AG
Ordered something yesterday and it says it will be here Tuesday…
trouble
AG
Everything I ordered this morning says Wednesday
TheOC16
AG
Koko Chingo said:

I case this info helps anyone:

I just placed an Amazon order (11:30am Wed Sep 4). I am a Prime member and everything in the cart showed it would be delivered to my house ( not too far from campus) on Sunday the 8th.

Out of curiosity I changed the delivery address to a 'Pickup Location" and chose the Amazon Store in Century Square.

The delivery dates changed to Friday the 6th; which equals 2 day Prime delivery versus 4 days shipped to my front door.
So in two days I can go pick it up from their location.

I can go pick it up from Walmart this afternoon. Prime has lost it's appeal.
histag10
AG
trouble said:

Everything I ordered this morning says Wednesday

Just wait a day. I'm sure the weather related delays will hit
Koko Chingo
AG
I am not happy with Amazon but they do not really have any competition, especially from any brick & mortar stores around here. I will purchase stuff locally if it's in in stock but no one has the reach of Amazon in town.

The thing is I can't get a lot of what I buy on Amazon in town. I buy a lot from them and most products I cannot find in town. For photography & A/V it's mainly Amazon and B&H for me. I would have to drive to one of the big Metro areas for a fraction of the selection and a higher cost. Amazon is even beating a Rock Auto in price (by a lot in some cases) on car parts. I am fixing up a car with my boys and just save hundreds over anyone in town (AutoZone - O'Reilly's etc) on just about every order.

My beef is paying for prime 2 day shipping and having the norm be longer versus the exception.

Chrundle the Great
AG
Exactly

And to Walmart specifically, sometimes they have the same thing/price to Amazon, but I pretty much have to drive there to find out. Their app/website is intentionally deceptive of whether it's in stock at their store or whether you'll actually be shipping it.
TheOC16
AG
I've never noticed this problem - do you change the setting to only display items "In Store"?
trouble
AG
It all shipped. We'll see if it shows up.
Chrundle the Great
AG
You can change it to pickup, but sometimes pickup "today" doesn't mean it's on the shelf right now it means they think they can get it to the brothers location from briarcrest or Brenham etc.

But I haven't found something like the Lowe's/home depot apps that let you filter by in store and then just tell me the aisle it's on. I could be using it wrong though.
MiMi
S
Chrundle the Great said:

But I haven't found something like the Lowe's/home depot apps that let you filter by in store and then just tell me the aisle it's on. I could be using it wrong though.
I use the Walmart, Target, HEB, and Target Kroger apps regularly. I can filter by store location and see what aisle it's on. Some apps even have store maps to help you find the aisle.
maroon barchetta
Chrundle the Great said:

You can change it to pickup, but sometimes pickup "today" doesn't mean it's on the shelf right now it means they think they can get it to the brothers location from briarcrest or Brenham etc.

Sometimes Lowe's isn't updated. It will tell you they have something and they don't when you get there.
TheOC16
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

I recorded a video on my phone of how to find the isle it's on. Don't know the best way to post it to TexAgs, but if you want to pm me I can get your phone number and text it to you.
Chrundle the Great
AG
It's been pretty consistent for me, but I have run into them simply not restocking the shelves and the item I want is in storage above. Finding somebody willing to help with that is still a chore.
Chrundle the Great
AG
I stopped being lazy and googled it lol, and I think I figured it out.

It still doesn't show aisle for every item though, and maybe my issue in the past has always been I'm looking for weird little items that would be more expensive to ship then buy. Then when I don't quickly see it, I get mad and force close the app.
TheOC16
AG
I may be wrong, but I take "in stock" without the isle shown to mean it's only in stock online.

But that might be wrong.
TyHolden
AG
the drones are falling out of the sky....

MsDoubleD81
maroon barchetta
UPS dropped this off today.

Not only opened, but one flap is missing entirely.

Other package they said was delivered was not there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.