Work Zone on Wellborn?

1,354 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Expert Analysis
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it really still a work zone on Wellborn between Balcones and Rock Prairie? Or did the contractor just forget to remove the signs?
meezermom
I have wondered myself over the past few months. It's marked 45 on both sides of a completed 6-lane road, which only makes sense if you are looking at it from the perspective of making money off tickets.
Cooter Davenport
Someone should go take them down.
oklaunion
I hope they will eventually re-surface much of that area.
maroon barchetta
Cooter Davenport said:

Someone should go take them down.

Not it!
AgGunNut
AG
https://www.cstx.gov/departments___city_hall/commserv/code/see_click_fix
woodiewood
oklaunion said:

I hope they will eventually re-surface much of that area.
The lanes between the work zone signs is rather rough. I bet they left them up and are going to resurface in the next few months. Besides, the signs slow some drivers down from 70 to 50 mph.
maroon barchetta
People can't drive without having wrecks at 45mph. They won't do well at 55mph. Just leave it 45mph. It's only a mile or so.
75AG
AG
They'll start the resurfacing on Friday before a home football game.
woodiewood
AgGunNut said:

Since it's a state highway, the city probably can't take the signs down. The can request TXDOT to do so.
oldag76
AG
woodiewood said:

AgGunNut said:

Since it's a state highway, the city probably can't take the signs down. The can request TXDOT to do so.
I called COCS months ago after calling TxDOT because they informed me that this was a COCS run project. IMO COCS has their head in the sand. At that time they said signs stayed up because of RR Xing rework scheduling. That was done long ago.......
maroon barchetta
Couldn't be that CoCS is using it as a money grab to write tickets.

No way.
Bucketrunner
Ought to be an easy way to overturn the ticket when the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Expert Analysis
AG
75AG said:

They'll start the resurfacing on Friday before a home football game.
When they opened the crossing they took down all signs and it 2as back to 55 for a month or two.
The current work zone signs went up the week before memorial day. They did nothing for a month. Spent a couple days putting curb at an old driveway on the north side lanes. Spent a couple days putting curb across Cain. Then moved up to put curb by the turn lane for deacon that should have been added when they added the lane.

I originally thought it would be for resurfacing, but there isn't need to put the signs up 4 months ahead of time. Another well run project...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.