Metroplex
Sponsored by

Top three most romantic restaurants - Metroplex

5,240 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by jwright4288
Catag94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm interested in what the Metroplex TA posters have to say.
ftworthag02
AG
Not sure about romantic but we've always enjoyed Eddie v's, Grace, and Ellerbees.
FDXAg
AG
We love Grace
Aries
Bird & Branch, Kimptom hotel bar, whicked butcher all in Fort Worth.
riverrataggie
AG
The Lodge.
aglaohfour
AG
Fearing's

Bricks & Horses

Paris 7th
AgBQ-00
AG
We love Grace, Eddie Vs, St Emilion, and Lonesome Dove
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
dcbowers
AG
Depends upon what you mean by "romantic".

If you are planning to propose marriage to your girlfriend, the. What about Mr. Charles, Nonna, or Lucia? (Sadly, I don't think the French Room serves dinner post-Covid).

Good luck!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I think Stillwell's has a very nice ambiance, and there are other nice bars at the hotel that are fun. Dark, moody, lots of leather and velvet curtains, and the food is top notch in my experience.

Somewhat outside the box, but St. Martin's is old school low key romantic. French food, live music, throwback vibes.

Drake's Hollywood also has a sexy and romantic vibe. They do a good job of executing on the old school Hollywood aesthetic.

Apothecary isn't necessarily where I would eat dinner, but its the most romantic cocktail lounge I've been to.
normaleagle05
AG
We haven't been to St. Martin's new location but really enjoyed the old one. I need to make a reservation.
dcbowers
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Drake's Hollywood also has a sexy and romantic vibe. They do a good job of executing on the old school Hollywood aesthetic.

Not a fan of Drake's. The food and atmosphere are fine, but they have the rudest, most entitled employees. No restaurant is worth putting up with those people.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GAC06
AG
No one's recommended the mansion yet?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Applebees?
gabehcoud
trying this out Saturday https://www.donartemio.us/
aglaohfour
AG
Don Artemio is a favorite! If you're a refreshing cocktail kind of person, highly recommend The Guillermo. So good!
gabehcoud
Had everything on the menu here https://palomasuerteftx.com/ so happy to try a new one
ENG
AG
I am on the Fort Worth side of things, we are a big fan of Adam Jones/Chef Blaine. Grace or 61 Osteria
powerbelly
AG
dcbowers said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

Not a fan of Drake's. The food and atmosphere are fine, but they have the rudest, most entitled employees. No restaurant is worth putting up with those people.
The owner is an *******. Skip all his places.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Interesting. I have only been twice and enjoyed it both times. Who is the owner?
powerbelly
AG
Hunter Pond.
Absolute
AG
Gonna go over to FW for a quick anniversary couple nights this year. Is this hotel worth considering. Have always stayed at the Omni in the past due to the old texags hookup we had there ages ago.
aglaohfour
AG
In my opinion, the nicest hotels in FW (I've stayed at all of these in the past year) are, in order:

Bowie House
Drover
Crescent
Kimpton Harper
Sinclair

I will say that Bowie House stands head and shoulders above the rest, in terms of ambiance, luxury, service, and amenities.

FDXAg
AG
aglaohfour said:

In my opinion, the nicest hotels in FW (I've stayed at all of these in the past year) are, in order:

Bowie House
Drover
Crescent
Kimpton Harper
Sinclair

I will say that Bowie House stands head and shoulders above the rest, in terms of ambiance, luxury, service, and amenities.

Loved the Drover. We went in February and the heated outdoor pool was fantastic. As far as I know it's the only hotel in FW with a heated pool.

The Sinclair is pretty awesome, as well. Rooms are nice but to me the rooftop bar and restaurant are the best parts. They've got a great breakfast and ambience is great. Eating dinner downstairs was a bit disappointing, honestly. Just didn't live the feel of the downstairs space because essentially you are in the basement.
Aries
Kimpton? Yes I love it there. Would very much stay there over Omni.
gabehcoud
aglaohfour said:

Bowie House
Drover
Crescent
Kimpton Harper
Sinclair

Why in the world are you spending 3,4,$500 a night for all of these in a year?
aglaohfour
AG
Really for no other reason than I just want to. And also my ex stays at my house with our daughter every few weeks, and I have to go somewhere, so why not a nice hotel?
jwag
AG
I'd go with a BnB such as The Rosen House and get some good food off Magnolia for that $$$.
gabehcoud
How's Sanford House in Arlington?
I should be studying 11
AG
normaleagle05 said:

We haven't been to St. Martin's new location but really enjoyed the old one. I need to make a reservation.
BIG fan of St Martin here as well. That would be my vote for OP as well.
Matsui
AG
Pricey but excellent
Ol Jock 99
AG
Dallas focused

Goodwins (Lower Greenville)
Mister Charles (Knox Henderson)
Sister (Lower Greenville)
Goldies (Lake Highlands)
Town Hearth (Design District)
Petra & the Beast (Lakewood)
Fearings (Uptown)
Monarch (Downtown)
warrington74
AG
Hotel St. Germain
It is a small old old hotel behind the Crescent in Dallas. Has a small restaurant. Very private place. We went there for our anniversary one year and it was pretty special.
YouBet
AG
Man, I move away not long ago and already don't recognize a third of these restaurants.

We did an anniversary at Hotel St. Germaine one year. Restaurant and the hotel.

Pretty cool. However, the dinner was a little awkward. The only people in the restaurant were the two of us and then a mother / daughter at another table. Not long after they sat down the mother starts crying and proceeded to cry the entire dinner. Really odd.
dallasag_123
He is the worst.
warrington
yep
when we went there were two other tables. It felt like a private dinner. Unique
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.