Metroplex
Sponsored by

Chuy's is leaving its longtime Dallas location

1,652 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by YouBet
JuanDurfel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like in Spring '25 Chuy's will be packing up from the Mckinney & Knox location its been at since '93 and will be moving into the location that Desert Racer formerly occupied near Lowest Greenville.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/dallas-texas-chuys-locations-restaurant-moving-knox-mckinney-lower-greenville/287-22a6908c-c89c-4178-b51d-ea68b711b43d
double aught
AG
I didn't know Desert Racer was closed. It always looked like a cool spot, but I never made it there. Tried once, but it was closed during the day.
TxAG#2011
Really hope some super posh restaurant doesn't move in there but feel that is the likely result. I walk by this building all the time.

A mid-scale restaurant / bar would be perfect there.
JuanDurfel
AG
yea it closed back in March. You weren't missing out much.

The place was definitely a vibe and had a cool outdoor patio for hanging out, drinking, and playing yard games; however, I thought for the price that the food and drinks were average. Only went a couple times.

Believe this was one of those places that was mortally wounded by COVID and just never fully recovered after the fact.

Am super excited for Chuy's to take that spot. Used to walk to their current location when I lived on the west side of 75.. so it's cool that they followed me to the east side and I'll be able to walk to them again!
MonkeyKnifeFighter
752bro4
AG
You have not eaten there a zillion times /norm
JuanDurfel
AG
I believe that.
Although, I was thinking this was more Darden trying to cut costs.

Barely acquired the brand a month ago and they are already moving a staple Dallas location elsewhere.

Darden seems a little more on top of their brands, so hopefully we see an improvement. I feel like Chuy's has been on a death spiral since covid, too.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
TxAG#2011 said:

Really hope some super posh restaurant doesn't move in there but feel that is the likely result. I walk by this building all the time.

A mid-scale restaurant / bar would be perfect there.
Dallas needs another posh expensive restaurant serving steak frites or ramen or sushi... or does Dallas need another causal spot serving steak frites, ramen or sushi?
Trajan88
AG
Eddie V's current Dallas location is closing... maybe they should move into that Chuy's spot.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
ftworthag02
AG
do you know what I do for a living?
MonkeyKnifeFighter
YouBet
AG
'93 to '24 is a great run for a restaurant in Dallas. I would not have guessed it had been there that long.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.