Any update on the Pharr Interchange?

1,047 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by OXDL45
El Presidente
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will it be completed in my lifetime or will it be completed in my grandkids lifetime? Any of you work for TxDot?
You'd think there'd be a sense of urgency at this point.

For the record, I don't have grandkids yet....that I know of.
RGV AG
AG
Man, that is the flustercluck of flusterclucks. I wanna say that when they started, a little before the Covid mess they said it would be done in the winter of 2023/24', but I could be wrong. This MF'ing boondoggle is at least 18 months away.

What really pisses me off is that I am old enough to remember when the did the construction, and I was driving a lot back then, for the first upgrade and that crap didn't finish until about 96/97' and then the moved more west towards McAllen. I wanna say they started that in like 92', and it was no great salvation and was crowded by 99' or so.

They should have made that interchange or an alternate route much better 25-30 years ago.

The valley has always lagged behind on the other urban areas on attention to infrastructure. An acquaintance that sat on some of the regional mobility committees or whatever they are back in the 80's told me that TDOT guru's told the committee that the RGV had a big issue with mobility going east and west and there were suggestions of loops and such branching out from out west via 107 and some stuff around the HRL/BRO area to make the military road more viable. But all were killed or tabled due to well connected landowners, so it has always been back to the expressway which is now a crowded SOB.
El Presidente
AG
RGV AG said:

Man, that is the flustercluck of flusterclucks. I wanna say that when they started, a little before the Covid mess they said it would be done in the winter of 2023/24', but I could be wrong. This MF'ing boondoggle is at least 18 months away.

What really pisses me off is that I am old enough to remember when the did the construction, and I was driving a lot back then, for the first upgrade and that crap didn't finish until about 96/97' and then the moved more west towards McAllen. I wanna say they started that in like 92', and it was no great salvation and was crowded by 99' or so.

They should have made that interchange or an alternate route much better 25-30 years ago.

The valley has always lagged behind on the other urban areas on attention to infrastructure. An acquaintance that sat on some of the regional mobility committees or whatever they are back in the 80's told me that TDOT guru's told the committee that the RGV had a big issue with mobility going east and west and there were suggestions of loops and such branching out from out west via 107 and some stuff around the HRL/BRO area to make the military road more viable. But all were killed or tabled due to well connected landowners, so it has always been back to the expressway which is now a crowded SOB.
I've been saying this for years!!! How the RGV not already have at minimum 2 loops is incomprehensible to me. One on the north end running along 107 from Combes to La Joya and one on the south running from Brownsville to Rio Grande connecting along multiple other roads with the Expressway would alleviate a tremendous amount of pressure from the current situation. Imagine 8 lanes on all going east and west!! Imagine the ease of travel and the multitude of options to traverse the RGV.

But what do I know? I'm clearly not a civil engineer.....Common sense ain't so common any more.
RGV AG
AG
Lo vieron hace años, but the land owners didn't want their land taken and the possibility of eminent domain was very unattractive to them, hence they could easily defeat it at the local level, especially 30 to 40 years ago.

It is absurd that there are really only 2.5 ways to go east to west, browntown to Rio.

OXDL45
AG
Your lifetime.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.