What's your next vehicle?

10,424 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Agsquatch
Grown Pear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hoping my current vehicle is reliable a couple more years. It's very sentimental, 151k+ miles, so will be debating if I want to do a full engine & transmission rebuild and keep it going for the long haul… or get into something new.

If going the new route, timing would work in my favor being several years into the new model. Im leaning towards:

Lexus GX Overtrail, Toyota LC, Lexus LX, Toyota 4Runner in that order. Seems to be a common theme here
chris1515
AG
Depending on the specifics…the next gen 4Runner, or Land Cruiser, or Lexus GX.

I feel like Toyota is about to hit a series of home runs on those, at least based on my tastes. Hopefully one will be in the sweet spot.
AggieMPH2005
That's the exact car my wife wants as well: color and everything. Anxious to see what real world pricing will be next summer.
12th Man Ag
AG
Well, my wife has had 2001, 2006, 2011, 2016, 2020, and 2021 Expeditions. I expect the current one to go until around 2026.

At that point, we will have three kids graduated from college and a high school senior. Wife says she wants to go to a car after this Expedition, but I bet we get one more Expedition before moving to a big Lexus or Mercedes sedan. Who knows what they will have in 2031?
Goat Man
AG
Possibly a '24 Taco, maybe an Integra Type-S or even a '24 Camaro LT1. I never can make up my mind on what to get next. My wife tires of this game. Thank you for listening TexAgs.
tamuags08
AG
New minivan
ac04
just replaced both in the last ~6 months, hoping my next purchase is in about 6 years for my son's first car. options are:

-hand down the wife's GX460 and get her something else (another GX? or maybe something like a cayenne or Q7)
-used current gen 4Runner
-used current gen taco

still in the honeymoon stage with my '18 M3 where i don't even want to think about what could be next.
94AGBQ
AG
Miata rf. It's been 25 years since I've driven a manual and I miss it.
SnowboardAg
AG
Maybe I'm crazy but I saw a new GMC Canyon AT4 driving home and that has to be the best looking midsize truck in the market (to me).
EskimoJoe
We are waiting to order a '24 Yukon with the Duramax for the family truckster. I would expect the order banks to open up sometime in the near future as production is scheduled to start in November.

G Martin 87
AG
94AGBQ said:

I firmly believe everyone who loves driving and manuals should own a Miata at least once. Best pure sports car ever made.
94AGBQ
AG
I only have to wait 4 more years until im done paying for college for kids. Hopefully i can still buy a new one at that point.
aggiebq03+
G Martin 87 said:

94AGBQ said:

I firmly believe everyone who loves driving and manuals should own a Miata at least once. Best pure sports car ever made.

I had a 2016 Camaro SS with a manual. Still sad I had to sell it when we moved overseas.

Gotta be honest, never once while driving that car did I think to myself, "man I sure wish I'd bought a Miata instead".

Complete Idiot
I've had many cars over the years, too many. Out of 30 vehicles I've only bought new 3 times, so I'm a used car consumer - sometimes very used.

Over just the last 4 years I've made 10 purchases (just me, not including wife and kid). It's become an actual problem, like an addiction. We currently have 5 cars for 3 drivers, 3 of the vehicles are "mine" and all bought in last 9 months. I have a nice, solid daily driver, an older SUV for whole family outings and sweaty/dirty things, and an older RWD manual V8 convertible for .... just because?

I would really like to stay with these 3 for an unprecedented, for me, long time. I have a kid entering college next year, and 2 younger soon to be drivers (can scratch my itch by buying them cars) who also head off to college. To address my addiction, and be financially responsible, I need to stop buying and selling cars like I have been.

So I have no new car plans, which is unusual. Plenty of upgrades I could do for fun on the current vehicles, rather than swapping out for something new altogether.
aggieforester05
AG
Unfortunately, we're going to have to offload our 2020 Challenger T/A 392. We're moving to the lake next week and my wife's commute it going to go from 5 minutes and 3 miles to 30 minutes and 25 miles each way. Three years and 25K miles later the car is worth significantly more than what we paid for it new. I don't want to run the miles up on it, burn through tires every 15k miles, and it's thirsty. Plus we have three daughters and my youngest turns 1 tomorrow and needs a bigger reverse facing car seat.

So I'm looking to get in to either a hybrid SUV (Thinking Highlander or Rav4) or potentially even a 2020ish Tesla Model Y Performance. The former has limited options and they all appear to be boring AF to drive(My truck is already boring AF to drive and I need at least one fun vehicle). The latter would require me to swap out the 100 amp electric service on my new house for a 200 amp service, not including the Tesla charger. All work I can do myself(except the service drop), but time consuming and costly.

Non hybrid gas SUVs all seem to get similar highway mileage to the Challenger, but typically better city mileage. So it's hard to justify them for a mostly highway commute. The Challenger will do mid to high 20s on the highway, but averages about 13 in town, not to mention premium gas. I'm going to miss the Challenger, it's just a blast to drive.
AggieChemE09
AG
SnowboardAg said:

Maybe I'm crazy but I saw a new GMC Canyon AT4 driving home and that has to be the best looking midsize truck in the market (to me).
I just picked up a 23 GMC Canyon Denali yesterday. Love the way they look.
htxag09
AG
chris1515 said:

Depending on the specifics…the next gen 4Runner, or Land Cruiser, or Lexus GX.

I feel like Toyota is about to hit a series of home runs on those, at least based on my tastes. Hopefully one will be in the sweet spot.
If your taste is the exact same design (and technology) of the last 10+ years, you're probably in luck...
ghollow
AG
I am going to have to replace my 2010 F250 sooner or later. Currently has about 235,000 miles but gives me very few problems. I do haul a heavy load occasionally (tractor, boat, RV trailer). I originally bought it for hauling a 14,000 lbs. gooseneck trailer but I don't do that anymore. Just not sure if I can drop back down to a half ton pickup or not. I do enjoy driving a diesel.
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
South Platte
I've got a nearly 20 year old 4-Runner. You will never regret it.
Buck Turgidson
I still struggle with the impulse to order a C8. The last time I was about to give in, the 3-4 dealers I called said it was too late to get a '23 and too early to order a '24. That saved me from a large emotional outlay.
K Bo
AG
Wavering between keeping the 1995 LC or 2021 LC. My garage has space for one vehicle (in addition to the wife's) and I hate to leave either of those outside. Currently considering selling the 200 and picking up a 2WD Lariat F150 that I won't be bothered too much by keeping in the street.
maverick2076
If my wife decides she wants to get serious about track days after she does her first one in the fall, we will probably look for an older Suzuki SV650. If not, I don't know.
AnyOtherName
AG
Just got a Cayenne Turbo about 1.5 weeks ago. On the list for Lexus GX sometime next year when wife's lease ends.
SnowboardAg
AG
AggieChemE09 said:

SnowboardAg said:

We have rules here (selfishly just want to see it). Congrats - they really are good looking trucks!
AggieChemE09
AG

YouBet
AG
Lot of Lexus GX plans on here. Bet those are going to be hard to get.
EMY92
AG
Maybe a Raptor R. Leaning that way, but it's a lot of money.
Grown Pear
AG
YouBet said:

Lot of Lexus GX plans on here. Bet those are going to be hard to get.

YouBet…
SnowboardAg
AG
Very sharp #jealous. Great choice!

Would love to get one and hand it down to my kid to drive. Would be a great first car (if they show responsibility).
JSKolache
AG
Another pre23 sequoia
agracer
AG
AggieChemE09 said:

SnowboardAg said:

They do look good but WTF can't I get any color interior besides black?
bam02
AG
Seems like most Denalis are black. I know they make other colors, but black is by far most common. I think it's just the look they're trying to go for with that line.
AggieDruggist89
AG
12th Man Ag said:

Well, my wife has had 2001, 2006, 2011, 2016, 2020, and 2021 Expeditions. I expect the current one to go until around 2026.

At that point, we will have three kids graduated from college and a high school senior. Wife says she wants to go to a car after this Expedition, but I bet we get one more Expedition before moving to a big Lexus or Mercedes sedan. Who knows what they will have in 2031?
2 Odysseys (Sienna) could've saved yall some money on gas and tires..
12th Man Ag
AG
Yeah, but…
555-PINF
AggieChemE09 said:

SnowboardAg said:

I saw a maroon one in CS the other day and did a double take. They're great looking trucks with a strong stance.

My next will be a 2 door Wrangler Sport soft top with a manual (if still offered). My Bronco will go to my oldest when he starts driving in 3-4 years and I've always had a thing for bare bones vehicles. With the current '24 refresh, I'm thinking I'll hit it just about the time the new redesign (JM?) comes out.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.