Do These only Bother Me?

3,304 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tunefx
Courtesy Flush
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn near $100k for a pick-up and I have these big ugly decals that Ford's lawyers tell them to add.

Is there any way to remove them without damaging the fabric?

TSW2012
AG
Get them wrapped in alligator leather playa
BOOM15
AG
Hair dryer and patience!
cena05
AG
There are stickers companies sell to go over them.
Canyon99
AG
BOOM15 said:

Hair dryer and patience!
This.
JB
AG
No one going to mention the big ugly garage door opener when you got 3 built-in buttons right there?
The Pilot
AG
The garage door opener would annoy me more.
TikkaShooter
I knew used F150 prices were high, but $100K. Sheesh
CanyonAg77
AG
In today's world, I'd worry about the next owner doing something stupid, and I get blamed because I removed the sticker that said "Don't drink battery acid."

That is, if I didn't keep vehicles for 20 years
HollywoodBQ
AG
Those stickers have been there since the 1990s.
JSKolache
AG
Pull the whole visor.
Burdizzo
AG
Stickers are in Ford's DNA.

Back in the 80s, Ford had a problem where their automatic transmissions could jump from park to reverse just by bumping the lever. One guy was able to make it happen just by slamming the door. Instead of a recall with an actual mechanical repair, Ford was allowed to distribute stickers for the steering wheel that was basically a warning that the car might jump from park to reverse.

https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/but-wait-theres-more/a1913301/little-warning-label-saved-ford-23-million-vehicle-recall/
Courtesy Flush
AG
JB said:

No one going to mention the big ugly garage door opener when you got 3 built-in buttons right there?
That's a damn good point. I am not without blame myself. That opener in the picture is for a gate but the gate doesn't recognize the signal and hasn't for about 5 years now but I keep transferring that remote to whatever I am driving.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Courtesy Flush said:

Damn near $100k for a pick-up
This is what bothers me. The sticker price and not dem stickers.
MouthBQ98
AG
I do t think it is lawyers. I think they're pretty much standard for trucks and SUV and vehicles with air bags across the industry.
htxag09
AG

Quote:

Cars made on or after February 25, 1997 are required to have permanent airbag warning labels affixed to the sun visor by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The labels are not decals and remain in the car for future owners. They are designed to alert passengers to the potential risks of the airbag system, particularly for children.
FightinTAC08
AG
look on youtube. there are videos that i've watcehd on this before. its easier to take the visor off then go through the process.
G Martin 87
AG
Black or gray duct tape.
TexAg1987
Ford F150/raptor 2022 Sun Visor WARNING Label BLACKOUTS Ghost Flag - Etsy

TriAg2010
AG
The non-removable tags on children's toys annoy me way more. Ridiculous that a plush bunny needs to have a nylon CE tag stitched-in. Thanks Europe.
tunefx
AG
I removed the visor. Placed it on an ironing board wrapped in a dish towel. Used iron on medium heat. Label pealed off easily.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.