F150 Key Replacement and Door Code

523 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by TexAg1987
BCOBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just bought the kid a 2016 F150. It only came with one key and the previous owner didn't know the door code. My son started messing around with it an said the key we have isn't the "admin" key. Any advice on the cheapest/best way of procuring these?
TMfrisco
AG
This won't solve not having a Master, but try the code 19751 or 66098 when it asks for one on the screen to change the programming. I had the same issue and the first code worked for me.

Eventually, I went to the dealer where I bought mine and told them I didn't think it was right they sold me a truck with only one key - even though it was my fault for not insisting on one and they offered me a new key and programming at their "cost".

It is surprising to me that they cannot look up the code by VIN #, but they can't. I think there are a few codes out there that may be their default programming code. They gave me 2 to try and luckily one of them worked.

My truck is a '19 so they may have different codes for different years.

Buying a new fob and finding someone with Forscan is the other thing you can do. Most of the things I found online could only duplicate the fob you have, but not create a Master.

I'm sure 1ags will have a better answer.
TexAg1987
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.