Rule 1

2,352 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Matsui
sornman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got the wife a new ride a couple of weeks ago, 2024 Kia Telluride SX X-Line.

The wife is loving it so far, a lot more technology to figure out than her previous vehicle. I ended up buying it in Colorado and having it shipped, saving $5000 vs buying locally in BCS.

I shall miss the vehicle it replaced, it had served me well since 1999.

1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5, still runs great but needed a bit more room for the wife and kids.
Flaith
AG
She must feel like she's driving a spaceship coming from a '96 4runner
JB
AG
Over an hour since the OP and no one has asked specs and price on the 4runner?!

Sooooo......specs and price on the 4runner?
Viper16
AG
sornman said:

Got the wife a new ride a couple of weeks ago, 2024 Kia Telluride SX X-Line.

The wife is loving it so far, a lot more technology to figure out than her previous vehicle. I ended up buying it in Colorado and having it shipped, saving $5000 vs buying locally in BCS.

I shall miss the vehicle it replaced, it had served me well since 1999.

1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5, still runs great but needed a bit more room for the wife and kids.

Shipping costs???? Colorado state tax?
#FJB

Trump 2024

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis
austinrb10
AG
Unless it's registered in Colorado, you will still pay Texas tax when you register your vehicle in TX. So, OPs savings are going to be coming from what the dealer in BCS would do vs what he got in Colorado off of sales price / rebates
sornman
Shipping was around $900.
Price was just under $46,000.
Local dealer price just over $51,000.

As stated, taxes are the same as they are paid when I registered it here in Texas.

And for the 4Runner, alas, it has already gone to a new home.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I had to do the math on $900 shipping. That seems like a steal. Of course, he may have had other paid cargo.

832 miles from Colorado Springs to BCS (I just picked a bigger town on this side of the state). Figured an optimistic 12mpg with diesel at $3.29/gal. That's $228 in fuel. Leaving approx $671 to cover 13 hours of driving, which is right at $51/hr. That seems pretty cheap considering I have no truck, trailer, or maintenance figured.

CT-11
AG
I'm interested in getting the same trim. Who was the dealer? Kia Arapahoe? Was the remote process fairly painless?

I've considered going the CO route if local dealers won't price match.
TikkaShooter
Love seeing more and more Texans buying out of state and giving these outrageous TX dealers the double middle finger.

Nice Kia
sornman
There was another vehicle in the trailer, and they may have been trying to get back to the Houston area so they may have given a cheaper rate.
sornman
I used Fowler KIA of Longmont. Only issue I had was the finance guy was always busy and so the process didn't go as fast as I wanted (took over a week after having the deal moved to finance).

Other than that, I just used cars.com and autotrader.com, then searched based on what my wife wanted, and sorted by price. Something like this:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/new-cars/kia/telluride/sx-x-line/bryan-tx?newSearch=true&searchRadius=0&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&startYear=2024
HalifaxAg
AG
Dayum, how'd the driver get out when they pulled it into the trailer or secured it?
AgCPA95
AG
HalifaxAg said:

Dayum, how'd the driver get out when they pulled it into the trailer or secured it?

My guess is crawl out the back liftgate.
Matsui
AG
Sick ride!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.