Honda Dealership

1,322 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Shumba
Aggiewes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Long story but the short version is the daughter and son-in-law are unexpectedly in the market for a car due to a wreck (rear-ended other driver at fault). All is settled but they are medical residents and time is a premium so I am helping them shop for a car. Probably looking for a Honda CRV (they have a 1 year old and budget is an issue for the next few years). Any recommendations on a good dealership? We are in DFW but willing to travel. Also - I have another daughter in Aggieland. Thoughts on Allen Honda?

TIA!

Wes '87
Aggie71013
AG
I've heard on the board multiple times to avoid Allen Honda. No DFW recs.

I got my last Honda at Keating in Conroe and had a decent experience, but lots of people don't like Keating dealers.
AG
lute riley is alright
Maveric
AG
There is a long thread on Allen Honda on the Aggieland Board. From my experience trying to buy two cars from them this last year, they add on a lot of the unnecessary items and refuse to take them off. I was interested in a 2018 Accord that was listed at $19,000 but with everything added on they "would let me take it at $27,000." I had the same thing happen with a 2021 Pilot, the manager basically came and told me they wouldn't come off the price and that they'd keep a look out.

We drove to Howdy Honda outside Austin, got a Pilot with less miles for $6,000 less. We told them to give us their best price and they came off $3,000 with no add-on crap.
AG
what can you add that cost $8000?
akaggie05
AG
John Eagle and the Honda dealer in McKinney are both pretty good based on feedback from friends and family.
Aggiewes
AG
Thanks for your responses. This is a great help.

On their website, the fine print included about 4 add-ons at somewhere near $2K.... think paint protectant, windshield package, theft deterrant type stuff. Not sure if I have the pricing right.

I was wondering about the about the ability to negotiate out of it... We might stay in the metroplex..

Just got off the phone... $1996 in all-ons.... Nitrogen in tires, gps, paint package, etc...

Get this. Also asked about a used car. Their price on the website does NOT include the work they had to do in the repair department to get the car to be certified.... Hard to believe....
THX!

Wes '87
akaggie05
AG
Tell them you aren't paying for any of that bs and to take it off. If they say no, tell them you'll go buy from another dealer. There are plenty.
AG
it might be worth the 30 bucks to access honda sis for a day and print out the accessory labor time for whatever model you are looking at and do the math in front of the sales guy
cadetjay02
AG
I've bought a few cars from McDavid Honda in Frisco. They're competent but don't necessarily have to deal in this market. No issues though.
stu.pidarse
I've bought 3 new Honda's from Greg May Honda in Waco from Dalton Turner. Highly recommend him.
Shaun05
AG
Bought my used Subaru from Howdy Honda in Austin a few years back. Zero trouble, walked in on agreed upon price (no added crap), wrote a check, signed some paperwork and drove off.
ezmoney
AG
akaggie05 said:

John Eagle and the Honda dealer in McKinney are both pretty good based on feedback from friends and family.

Can say no to John eagle in Houston.
Shumba
AG
I bought a Ridgeline back in 2013 from Huggins Honda over in HEB, and I would buy from them again. I also bought an Odyssey in 2020 from Honda of McKinney and would buy from them again. I'd avoid Honda of Lewisville though. I test drove a car there and the sales manager was overly pushy and aggressive. I actually live in Flower Mound, so the Lewisville dealer is closer, but I avoid that place altogether.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.