Clear Ceramic tint to windshield

4,126 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by MikesFamousJava
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How big of a pain in the ass is windshield ceramic coating, knowing that you have to replace stickers annually?
bam02
AG
I'm new to having a tinted windshield but my inspection sticker is actually adhered to a small electrostatic cling sticker so it's easily removed. They're a dime a dozen on amazon. So far so good.
aggieforester05
AG
Not a problem, they come right off and the tint stays in place. At least in my experience.
agchino
AG
The windshield coating goes on the inside of the windshield?
bam02
AG
Yes just like side and rear windows
bam02
AG
I put off spending the money to have this done for years, but recently had it done for 2 of our vehicles. I highly recommend it if discomfort from heat is any concern to you.
Cromagnum
AG
agchino said:

The windshield coating goes on the inside of the windshield?

So does the sticker. What barbarian puts their sticker on the outside?
MikesFamousJava
AG
Nobody does. I'm sure he's wondering how it works to put the film on the inside then put your registration sticker on top of that (then change it yearly). I was wondering that myself, but it sounds like folks buy a cling film like is typically used for oil change "stickers" and apply the registration sticker to that, then stick it onto the tint film (via cling not adhesive).
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.