Oil Change - College Station

1,153 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by StewRo
StewRo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for a trustworthy spot to get an oil change in College Station? I've been using Sevcik's, but they've changed their process to leave your vehicle and pick up later.

Thanks.
Bronco6Gen
The Quicklane I think is what it is called, its at the College Station Ford dealership where the parts are, but they do all vehicles. They seem to know what they are doing better than any of the quick lube places.
maroon barchetta
It's Brazos Valley Automotive or my driveway for an oil change.

No quick lube places.

And last time we used the express lube at Allen Honda, they tried to upsell us on a bunch of stuff. Wanted $25 to replace a bulb over the rear license plate.

No way.
MTTANK
AG
The Valvoline on the corner of Rock P and wellborn is top notch. Change my own most the time, but when in a pinch I trust these guys.
aggiedata
AG
Anybody ever try Wolf Creek Car Care Center?

https://maps.app.goo.gl/HTqHjZUTGziKLTEy8?g_st=com.google.maps.preview.copy
highpriorityag
The Castrol place just on the other side of Walmart by Innovative Fitness is good and reasonable.
Yesterday
AG
Quicklube places are fine as long as you watch them. I worked at one in High School and people would watch me all the time. Just tell them, "hey someone stripped my plug last time so I always watch, hope you don't mind."

And plan for the upsell. They barely make money on oil changes so they're going to come at you hard on air filters, wipers etc.
Aggie Dad 26
The quick lube places where I never exit my vehicle have always won.

Fast, cheap, and the service itself was fine.
bigtruckguy3500
It has been a very long time, but when I lived there and needed to change oil while in town, I think I took it to the Midas on Texas and Harvey Mitchell. No complaints. They also rotated tires and gave me a sheet to show things line tire and brake wear for my records. Never tried to upsell.
StewRo
AG
Thanks for the feedback. We used the Valvoline site at Rock Prairie. Quick, good service, no upsell.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.