So.....what are they worth?

2,237 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Old Tom Morris
drumboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Might be selling my daughter's car and buying a friend's FX35 for her, trying to figure out what to ask for the Corolla and offer for the FX.

2013 Corolla LE (unfortunately an auto) w/ 250K miles. Single family owned (my grandmother bought it, dad commuted in it for years after she passed, then my daughter got it a few months ago) with good maintenance (documented in a notepad)

The FX35 is a 2013 with 205K miles. Good shape w/ dealer maintenance and I believe it's the lower 2wd model.
Mookie
AG
All things being equal, the Corolla is probably worth $5k private party and I would offer $3500 for the Infiniti. You're definitely downgrading.
Corps_Ag12
AG
I'd keep the Corolla, you know it's entire life and maintenance history.
drumboy
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

I'd keep the Corolla, you know it's entire life and maintenance history.

I want to get her in something a little bigger as she will be driving between Galveston and CS a lot along with other places.

Forgot to mention, FX was bought at a year old by a good friend with regular dealer maintenance that I'm sure he'd provide.
Mookie
AG
I wouldn't trust an Infiniti with over 200k miles even if dealer maintained. To be fair, I valued an EX not an FX. So honestly the FX and the Corolla are functionally equal in price.

I don't think the FX a would be any safer on i45 than the Corolla. In fact, when you factor in the potiential for the CVT to fall out I would wager the Corolla is actually better for that.
drumboy
AG
Mookie said:

I wouldn't trust an Infiniti with over 200k miles even if dealer maintained. To be fair, I valued an EX not an FX. So honestly the FX and the Corolla are functionally equal in price.

I don't think the FX a would be any safer on i45 than the Corolla. In fact, when you factor in the potiential for the CVT to fall out I would wager the Corolla is actually better for that.

Pretty sure the FX doesn't have a CVT.
sts7049
AG
MPGs on the corolla are surely much better than the FX
USAFAg
AG
KBB

Try this to get an idea.....

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
Mookie
AG
And the FX will require premium fuel
locogringo
AG
Drumboy, I might be interested in the Toyota if this deal pans out for you. I'm needing a 2 hour commuter for a few trips a week.

texas(username)@gmail.com
Old Tom Morris
No car is safe sitting on the shoulder of i45
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.