2013 Ecoboost

1,067 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by water turkey
BigNastyNate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at a 2013 ecoboost with about 70k miles.

Anything to look out for, be concerned with, etc…?
Sea Speed
AG
Has it had the cam phaser repair yet? If so, when?

Curious what options it has and what they are asking because that is very similar to mine, but I've got about 10k more miles. My cam phasers went out at about 65k miles.
Spoony Love
AG
Has it had turbo coolant line fittings changed? They will leak out all the coolant and pow, you need a new motor.

It's possible to change yourself if they haven't and save a ton of money. Ask me how I know.
Sea Speed
AG
This is the first time I have heard of this issue.
MTTANK
AG
I have a 2012 with 200k miles, still on the original phasers/timing chain with no clatter at startup. The coolant lines to the turbo's is a real problem. Mine started leaking early this year and is getting to the point I'm going to have to address it. It's a very expensive repair labor wise. At that mileage, that is the only thing to be prepared for.
Spoony Love
AG
It's a real thing. I had to replace all four at the turbos and it seems to have fixed. Honestly, you can do it in your driveway, but you will have to remove the wheel liner. And it made it easier to remove the starter when working the passenger side. I did not have to change the fittings in the rear of the engine block.

There are several YouTube videos that are helpful. I used this one below.

BigNastyNate
AG
To answer the question about options it's a 4WD XLT, backflip cover, backup camera, power mirrors, running boards.

I don't think cam phasers have been done. Looks like normal recommended maintenance from dealer was done.

This is a first car for my oldest… just don't want to get something that's gonna crap out immediately.

ETA asking price is around $20k.
Sea Speed
AG
Cam phasers are the only issue I have had on mine since I bought it new, just fyi.
BigNastyNate
AG
Thanks for the feedback. I went and looked at it this afternoon. Truck is really clean inside and out… inside is really flawless somehow and outside is pretty dang clean sans one paint spot. Leaning towards buying.
TMfrisco
AG
BigNastyNate said:

Thanks for the feedback. I went and looked at it this afternoon. Truck is really clean inside and out… inside is really flawless somehow and outside is pretty dang clean sans one paint spot. Leaning towards buying.
I had a 2013 with 190K. No cam phaser issues, no coolant leak, never even a CEL.
water turkey
BigNastyNate said:

To answer the question about options it's a 4WD XLT, backflip cover, backup camera, power mirrors, running boards.

I don't think cam phasers have been done. Looks like normal recommended maintenance from dealer was done.

This is a first car for my oldest… just don't want to get something that's gonna crap out immediately.

ETA asking price is around $20k.

Sounds like a good deal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.