License Plate Bracket Removal

803 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by planoaggie123
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trying to remove dealer license plate holder. Don't think I have seen these before. Can I buy the necessary tool somewhere or have to take to dealer to remove?

Researching these may be some sort of pop rivets and could potentially require drilling but if anyone has experience with removal would appreciate it. Hate front license plates.
austinag1997
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Trying to remove dealer license plate holder. Don't think I have seen these before. Can I buy the necessary tool somewhere or have to take to dealer to remove?

Researching these may be some sort of pop rivets and could potentially require drilling but if anyone has experience with removal would appreciate it. Hate front license plates.

Can you not get a Phillips to fit them? Do they rotate? Maybe quarter rotate and push to release?

Gotta be a tool for their removal....
rme
AG
Take the pic to Elliott's.
planoaggie123
AG
the more I google this the more i am pretty sure this will require a drill but i have some other exterior work that needs to be done so may ask that group to handle this...do not want to mess it up...
agnerd
AG
What vehicle? Post a photo from the backside of the bumper. May just be plastic that you can pull off.
planoaggie123
AG
No access to behind the plate. Think going to have to drill in and pop off rivet. Annoying but I have plugs to fill in.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.