And another estimate the damage….

899 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by scd88
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife was hit in a parking lot. They of course ran. Waiting on video footage.

Also, didn't realize this would be an at fault claim on insurance. Always heard it was under uninsured motorists….

EMY92
AG
Is there any bending or just scuffing? Repaint only $2000, body damage $5500.
htxag09
AG
Luckily, just looks like paint.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Buff it out at a detailer and full send
AG81xx
AG
Ibis White paint. My wife did that same thing on her Q5 against a pole in a parking lot. Most buffed out. Bought a spray can of that color and clear coat from Touchup Direct and did the plastic fender myself. While not perfect, no one mentioned it when we traded it in a couple years later.
highpriorityag
Buff it and see how it looks.
I wouldn't claim it for resale purposes (damage report) and insurance premium increases
drumboy
AG
Why is a hit & run considered at fault for you? I'd push on that.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
htxag09
AG
drumboy said:

To be clear, I haven't attempted to make a claim yet. So my insurance company hasn't said this. This is just my understanding from talking to several people. They have to prove who was at fault and that they are uninsured to go against your uninsured motorist. Otherwise it's an at fault claim.

We called the police today to file a report just in case insurance needs it and hpd was way more helpful than I expected. Well according to my wife, she called and they came while I was at work. I expected them to just give us a case number and move on. They started the process of trying to get footage and said they want to charge whoever did it and didn't stop. Now, if any of that pans out we'll see. Not hopeful; but would love to see the footage.

Tomorrow we are going to the body shop to get an estimate. From there we'll decide if we just want to pay it or call the insurance and see what they say.

FIDO*98*
AG
drumboy said:

People lie and say they were hit when they could just as easily been the person who hit and ran
scd88
AG
This is an uninsured motorist claim unless you don't carry that coverage. Then it falls under collision.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.