Chevy trax

1,027 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Naveronski
ought1ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My sister and niece are looking at getting a new Chevy trax or a used 21 rav4. Please talk me into out out of either.

Rav has like 36K miles and was a one owner.

Trax is Brad new with all the bells and whistles
water turkey
RAV4 all day
Green2Maroon
AG
RAV4 without question.
Jack Boyett
AG
You knew the answer you're going to get here. That said, my daughter bought a 1 year old trax in 2020. Zero problems thus far.
aggiedata
AG

htownag99
AG
Here's how I would look at it. In 5 years the RAV4 will be 9 years and with around 100K. The Trax will be 5 years old with about 60K miles. I'd bet the RAV4 will still be issue free, and the Trax will already have been in the shop several times and have transmission problems.
ought1ag
AG
Appreciate the info from everyone. I presented it and in the end she went with the trax……it was new and had features that sisters car didn't have.
Jack Boyett
AG
That's funny. When my daughter was getting the trax we had it narrowed down to the 1 year old Trax with 19k and a Ford escape that was maybe 4 years old with 60k. I think it was a little cheaper. I recommend the Ford but she wanted the newer car.
Naveronski
AG
ought1ag said:

Appreciate the info from everyone. I presented it and in the end she went with the trax……it was new and had features that sisters car didn't have.
Remind them it was their decision once the issues start to arise.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.