new 2025 4Runner

2,068 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Head Ninja In Charge
Prexys Moon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody seen these yet? thoughts?
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
it's a 4 banger turbo pusher that will likely be priced between 55-65K. Flipping pisses me off.

I'll be getting the old one. You know that one that was basically bullet proof and could of just used an interior/exterior, cameras and infotainment update.
austinag1997
AG
Kyle Field Shade Chaser said:

it's a 4 banger turbo pusher that will likely be priced between 55-65K. Flipping pisses me off.

I'll be getting the old one. You know that one that was basically bullet proof and could of just used an interior/exterior, cameras and infotainment update.

Yup. Trying to meet fuel efficiency crap. Rather have a V6. Toyotas have gotten really pricey.
ktownag08
AG
Hopefully looks better in person as I'm not a fan of the lines on it personally. Front end looks overly bulky for no reason.

LC has way better lines and costs marginally more. I've seen one in person and like it.
HDeathstar
Bought a used 2023 recently to avoid the EPA turbos.
HDeathstar
Interested to see what they are like though.

Besides engine moving to turbo:
Sequoia - Don't like the hybrid only option and back seat head room is limited if taller than 6'2", no flat storage area
Land Cruiser - back seat leg room is limited
4Runner - TBD
ElephantRider
AG
ktownag08 said:

Hopefully looks better in person as I'm not a fan of the lines on it personally. Front end looks overly bulky for no reason.

LC has way better lines and costs marginally more. I've seen one in person and like it.
Front end and hood look like they are from a bigger vehicle and don't match the rest of the car.
AtlAg05
AG
While doing research before we bought a '24 in June, most people were talking about getting a 4Runner before the '25 hit the lots, due to the new engine.
Aggie Athlete Involved
AG
Got a '24 to drive for next 25 years, love it so far! Screw you inflation and like buying 2 cars in one given how long it will go. Just have to suck up gas bill but will work out in the end
Shaggie 05
AG
The actual release of these has been pushed back to the end of the year or beginning of '25 because of a parts shortage.
AlaskanAg99
AG
In general, the move to get an NA engine before the mandates is a huge question. I have a '17 Pilot and I'm hating I have to figure out if I should swap it out now for an NA 6 because I don't want to deal with a turbo.

Normally this would even be a thought, but we don't live in normal times.
SteveA
AG
The 4cyl turbo in the Wranglers are fantastic. The drivetrain in the previous 4runner a laborious. Que all of the, 'but it will last 40 years", guys, but who wants to keep a car that long anyhow.
Also, the 2025 4runner is pushed back due to supply shortages. Just get one of the new Land cruisers, for $70k, with cloth seats.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Shaggie 05 said:

The actual release of these has been pushed back to the end of the year or beginning of '25 because of a parts shortage.
This part. Nobody is going to see one on the road IRL until 2025. I just saw my first LC250 two weeks ago in Houston and I drive a lot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.