Auction value of 2015 Lexus GX

1,378 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiedata
Gordon McKernan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone have access to current approx auction values for a 2015 Lexus GX w 114,xxx miles?

A neighbor mentioned to me she is looking to upgrade and planning to trade hers in. I mentioned I would gladly beat dealer trade in with an all cash easy transaction (of course accounting for sales tax impact + some more for her time).

I'm meeting her tomorrow to discuss but want to have an idea of approx value to compare vs what she tells me.

I assume their trade in value would be less than auction but of course a lot of variables. She said it's the premium package and has some minor front end damage from bumping into her garage column.

Also, anything specific I should be worried about on the 2015s?

Tia!
austinag1997
AG
There is one in Lakeway for sale with 118x miles for $17,887.

Just a point of reference. Couldn't find any results on BaT site.
aggiedata
AG
Just get the vin and go to Carvana or CarMax for a real quote. You don't have to own the car.

Add $500 to the average of both and you win and so does your neighbor.
Complete Idiot
you should add $500 to the average of those two plus the tax savings she would have if she traded in.
Mas89
AG
I sold a 2016 with 106k miles here for 25k last summer. Carmax had offered 22 iirc but I had new Michelins, recent service etc and it had never had any major problems so I offered it here. The only problem it had other than door lock actuators was a very slight radiator crack at the top near the fill cap. Radiator was replaced
Best car we have ever had and we replaced it with a 23 gx 460. Glad the 16 went to a young Aggie grad.

ETA. The 16 gx would get a very slight pull to the right and I had the Lexus shop which had always serviced it do a 4 wheel alignment every 25,000 miles or so and after adding new tires. They said that was common so I assume something to do with the Awd. The alignment was cheap at around 80 and always corrected the issue.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Premium or Luxury package?
Luxury will have Mark Levinson stereo.

there are many factors that determine the value, tire condition, dash lights, windshield, hail damage, smoker, carfax report issues.

And the dealer could be inflating trade value because they are selling her new vehicle for above market price.

Based on this limited info: $17-18k
Gordon McKernan
Premium package.

I haven't actually seen it in person yet (she is in my (extremely large) neighborhood, posted on fb page about maybe trading it in, I PM'd her & we are still waiting to meet up in person).

I understand there could be a ton of factors. I grabbed a VIN for a similar one off autotrader and Texas presumptive value shows about $19,000 for whatever that is worth.

I'm more worried about if that year had any widespread major issues I should be aware of?

AustinAg - you have a link for that posting in Lakeway? I couldn't find it... All the ones I am seeing are showing in the low to mid 20's.
Sazerac
AG
The radiator issue is common.
Valley plate is the big repair. Supposedly got better 18 and after.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Not 100% related, but am starting to narrow in on what vehicle(s) we may target to replace our 2012 Highlander.

Initially we just thought to get another Highlander since ours has been great to us (probably 3-5 years old). I started peeking at the Lexus GX 460s. I am finding that the pricing seems to be fairly negligible when comparing similar years and mileage (GX vs Highlander Limited). Can someone help explain this? Other than gas mileage and some additional maintenance costs (nothing significant, I assume)? Some of the new-ish Highlanders so scare me with some with all the modern transmission/engine updates versus the tank-like build of the V8 Lexus with 4WD. I am no car guy, so maybe I am wrong.
aggiepaintrain
AG
the best value in the used SUV market is a 2014-2019 GX460
no brainer

10andBOUNCE
AG
Is there a reason for the cut-off or just a general line in the sand that buyers can really capture good value?
aggiedata
AG
2014 was the first facelift on the Gen2. Looks a little better. Sales doubled. There is probably more to it.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.