Tires and Leveling for GMC Sierra

1,430 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by harge57
gigemhilo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good morning

I have a 2022 GMC Sierra Elevation. It is time for new tires, so I would like to put a little taller tire on it and level it. I dont want to do anything crazy, just make it look more like an AT4 setup. What is the best suspension option for this?

Thanks in advance.
texag06ish
AG
5100's.
TefIon Don
AG
I also have a 22 Sierra, but SLT with the X31 package. I'm looking at adding a 2" lift (to bring it to AT4 height) and the Readylift front leveling kit. It comes with better UCAs, which is critical when lifting the front suspension at all.
TefIon Don
AG
Just my personal opinion, but I want to keep mine as "factory" as possible. That's why I'm buying the 2" lift kit from GM, and then adding the level to the front. I'll likely buy 285 tires once I'm done.
gigemhilo
AG
TefIon Don said:

Just my personal opinion, but I want to keep mine as "factory" as possible. That's why I'm buying the 2" lift kit from GM, and then adding the level to the front. I'll likely buy 285 tires once I'm done.
this is more or less what i am thinking, but I dont know enough about the products to know what to look for. Do you have links to what you are looking at?
Silvy
AG
That's a lot of money for a puck lift lol
harge57
AG
Simplest and cheapest will be the rough country leveling blocks. Next step is the 5100s. I have had both and don't think either was better than the other.
TefIon Don
AG
Eh, just ~1800 but gives the exact look I want. I'll do the install myself.

OP I can send you the 2 links tomorrow.
OregonAggie
AG
texag06ish said:

5100's.

I've put these on a few trucks now and really like them a lot. I had a leveling kit on a previous truck and found that I like the ride of the 5100s more.
harge57
AG
I found the 5100s to be rougher upon full extension and the leveling blocks to be rougher during compression. Both were fine though.

I also thought the 5100s on the rear were too stiff and put the 4600s on my other truck.
AgGrad99
AG
I have a level kit on my 1500 (2" spacers).

Looking to switch to 5100s, instead of the Rancho. Rancho's were great for 20k miles, but are too rough now...i feel every bounce.

Dumb question, but can I leave the spacers on for the level, and then extend the 5100's a tad for a slightly higher ride? Or is it best to go with one or the other?

I'd like a slightly higher look, but want a smooth ride.
harge57
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I have a level kit on my 1500 (2" spacers).

Looking to switch to 5100s, instead of the Rancho. Rancho's were great for 20k miles, but are too rough now...i feel every bounce.

Dumb question, but can I leave the spacers on for the level, and then extend the 5100's a tad for a slightly higher ride? Or is it best to go with one or the other?

I'd like a slightly higher look, but want a smooth ride.

I would not do both. I think the max on 5100s is 2.5 I would just stick them on the highest setting and scrap the spacers. Also I think if you went higher without raising the back at all you would not be level.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.