FTC reveals new rule targeting auto dealership scams

1,280 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by highpriorityag
buddybee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope the Keating Dealerships are the first ones to fall. They make it a habit of screwing over everyone especially those who least realize what is happening THE ELDERLY. Here is link hope the feds make Keating Dealerships and those associated with them the number one target.

FTC reveals new rule targeting auto dealership scams that hurt shoppers (nbcnews.com)

[url=https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=ae285f6e51226f7aJmltdHM9MTcyNDAyNTYwMCZpZ3VpZD0xOTVjMmYxNy03NDk5LTZkYjQtMWU3Zi0zYjgzNzVjYjZjYmImaW5zaWQ9NTMyMg&ptn=3&ver=2&hsh=3&fclid=195c2f17-7499-6db4-1e7f-3b8375cb6cbb&psq=FTC+Targets+Texas+Dealerships&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly90eWxlcnBhcGVyLmNvbS9uZXdzL3RleGFzL2Z0Yy1hY2N1c2VzLW5vcnRoLXRleGFzLWNhci1kZWFsZXJzaGlwcy1vZi1kaXNjcmltaW5hdGlvbi1hZ2FpbnN0LWJsYWNrLWFuZC1icm93bi1jdXN0b21lcnMvYXJ0aWNsZV84NDNmZGViZS00YzYwLTU0M2EtOWVmMi0wYmUyMjM3MjFkMDYuaHRtbA&ntb=1]FTC accuses North Texas car dealerships of discrimination …[url=https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=ae285f6e51226f7aJmltdHM9MTcyNDAyNTYwMCZpZ3VpZD0xOTVjMmYxNy03NDk5LTZkYjQtMWU3Zi0zYjgzNzVjYjZjYmImaW5zaWQ9NTMyMg&ptn=3&ver=2&hsh=3&fclid=195c2f17-7499-6db4-1e7f-3b8375cb6cbb&psq=FTC+Targets+Texas+Dealerships&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly90eWxlcnBhcGVyLmNvbS9uZXdzL3RleGFzL2Z0Yy1hY2N1c2VzLW5vcnRoLXRleGFzLWNhci1kZWFsZXJzaGlwcy1vZi1kaXNjcmltaW5hdGlvbi1hZ2FpbnN0LWJsYWNrLWFuZC1icm93bi1jdXN0b21lcnMvYXJ0aWNsZV84NDNmZGViZS00YzYwLTU0M2EtOWVmMi0wYmUyMjM3MjFkMDYuaHRtbA&ntb=1][/url][/url]
highpriorityag
I can tell you for a fact that in Austin the delta between everyone else and brown customers is THOUSANDS of dollars per deal.
vmiaptetr
AG
That hyperlink looks like a scam. Jesus.
Ag for Life
AG
vmiaptetr said:

That hyperlink looks like a scam. Jesus.

That link gave me Aids and I only looked at it
rancher1953
agnerd
AG
highpriorityag said:

I can tell you for a fact that in Austin the delta between everyone else and brown customers is THOUSANDS of dollars per deal.
Houston too. When I went in to buy a vehicle, the salesman happily put an offer on the table with a 22.9% interest rate that wasn't disclosed anywhere. He knew he f-ed up when I asked him if he offers 22.7% interest rates to all of his customers or just the ones that can't do math in their head.
RafterAg223
AG
I hope this actually works. I'm sick of having to waste a bunch of time in a back and forth with these people about all their stupid add-ons that I never agreed to buy during the negotiation process. The managing partners make an obscene amount of money off the kick backs from all these protection and vehicle recovery plans. Frankly, I don't understand how these guys at these dealerships in town can repeatedly try to pull this garbage and still continue to do business. I've always like to trade local here in BCS, but the garbage these dealerships here pull, including the Keating stores, is absurd.
EMY92
AG
highpriorityag said:

Trust me, it's not based on skin color.

I worked with a guy that wasn't the sharpest tool in the drawer. He was a white kid, but no financial sense. We both bought F150s.

I had a Lariet with many options, he had an XLT that didn't have many options. He paid considerably more than I did.

My former brother in law, calling him dumber than a rock is insulting to a rock's intelligence. His car buying is going to the lot and saying, "I want that one.", then going to the F&I office and having no clue as to what's happening until he get's the keys.
highpriorityag
So your friend paid $25k over sticker and $20k for warranties also?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.