opinions on truck mod

941 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Logos Stick
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know this might sound crazy, but I'm thinking about taking the lift kit out of my 2021 f150 Lariat 4x4; it was done by my son who I bought the truck from.

It has 18 inch wheels and i think it might look better lowered down in the front to OEM level. The wheel/tires look too small for the truck.

If I did not do that and wanted to fill out the wheel wells more, what would I do? Lower it on both ends - level and and put bigger wheel/tires on it?

Thanks for any advice.
IntensivePurposes
AG
Unpopular opinion:

Most lifted trucks look like ****, a clown show, or a combination of both.
MouthBQ98
AG
If you have the OEM wheels and tire size then the OEM level will look normal. Your gas mileage and handling may improve slightly.

tlh3842
AG
If the wheels/tires currently look too small with it lifted, then yeah take it off
Yesterday
AG
Doesn't sound crazy at all. I took the 2.5" level kit off the F250 I bought used. The natural rake of the truck looks much better in my opinion. And when I tow something my front end isn't pointed up in the air.
texags08
AG
If he leveled it correctly to the body lines and not the measurements to the fenders I would leave it alone and get a slightly bigger tire next time. They should be 32's stock, and if you get a slightly wider 33 it will look great.

If he "leveled" it too high in the front (common depending on the puck he bought) I would swap the shocks for Bilstein 5100's on the highest setting. This should get you to the proper level and they ride WAY better than stock shocks.

Kind of tough to see in the pic above, but this was after I did a 2.5" puck level. The highlighted line should be level with the ground. In my case I was exactly level on both fenders to the ground, but the highlighted body line was tilted up. Once I switched to the 5100's on the highest setting my body line was level and the front fenders were a little over half an inch lower than the rear.

These are 33's (275/60/20) on there. I now have 34's (275/65/20) on it and it looks a little too stuffed. No rubbing issues, but if you are just looking at the proportions now it looks more stock than lifted.

EDIT: Sorry, this was a different picture than I thought. This is with the 5100's and the 34's. But either way, the info is the same.
zooguy96
AG
IntensivePurposes said:

Popular opinion:

Most lifted trucks look like ****, a clown show, or a combination of both.

FIFY.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Logos Stick
Thanks for the responses.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.