Tricks/devices to fit your truck in your garage.

875 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by MyNameIsJeff
Bird Poo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I tried the tennis ball from the ceiling method and it didn't work out. Kids would use it for batting practice and it always got in the way.

Are there any devices out there that help with parking? I have about 6-8 inches to play with (pun intended).
GrapevineAg
AG
Go to Amazon and search for "parking assist laser" or some such. Or, they have little curb thingies you attach to the garage floor in front of the front tires.
aggiedata
AG
I got this. It's powered by the light socket in the garage door opener. I drive up until the laser hits the dash.

https://goodchief.com/home/product/universal-laser-parking-assist/
BenTheGoodAg
AG
I've always used some kind of wheel stop. Either a board anchored to the floor, or a board cut to the right width if I parked close enough to the 2" curb on the foundation.
EskimoJoe
I don't get these microgarages on houses. I guess it allows developers to cram all the houses they can in their preplanned overpopulated urban concentration centers.

I put a 30x40 garage on the house when we were doing blueprints. I had to remind the architect a few times who was paying for it, but I can park the Duramax and Yukon in it with plenty of room to walk in front of it and behind it with the tail gate down.
EMY92
AG
I use something similar to this.

https://www.amazon.com/Vehicle-Stopper-Driveway-Pyle-PCRSTP11/dp/B07R81ZKDD/ref=sr_1_8?crid=18L680XMT4UP5&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.AgXd8Gd9dcPoKZ40A61u2oUbYmjeEgp3ExLgDSG1cKUJ2Ggt6e6cayBcmbWPJ7ctoD4bJbtGc8zCgP6O_-F9NZ7M_eCqxvYbuZgdSBEKlqsQsgPSZw7oJehNPy6RwZg5ep5gKjmPh6al9cw9stOddw1dRQqZg82CKF7gkg0niPRPX2aZY9w_32Iea8ZUYtB9Yp9u2CXWQhL5n1EYvYX1ZtA1JAph4MILAscW8uuGCHhA8W9kOcLdoIKUno7WLSXq5hJQLmsGXBE0RuKvibPP38FleYb-uUQ5eSVIAy9Itd8.GNj0clqi5ARGq_kwvuGQQ0mdj-QdLVNSKKo6EEZXawk&dib_tag=se&keywords=wheel+stops+for+garage&qid=1724402767&sprefix=wheel+stop%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-8

I've got a few inches of clearance in front and behind my truck. I have to open the garage door to walk to the other side of the truck. My old 2006 F150 super crew I could walk around it with the garage door closed.
crowman2010
AG
Build a bigger garage
Owner - Mosquito and Pest Authority | www.bugsbite.com
Mas89
AG

A relative has a 2200 sq ft garage with 4 doors including one going into the backyard. The middle door pictured is a double and plenty of depth to double park. With shelves and cabinets on three walls. It's so nice.
drumboy
AG
Back in and use camera to stop close to the wall.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I've never been able to fit my truck in my garage. So I'm building one that's 30x40. Of course, by the time I get my Jeep, LandCruiser, wife's car, and all my crap in it, I probably still won't be able to get my truck in it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.