Plastic trim restorer

740 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by austinag1997
txag2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at products to use on my F150 (9yr old pickup). Planning to use on exterior trim and looking more for a restorer rather than a protector.

The following seems to be a popular choice. Anyone used it or others with success?
https://a.co/d/a4pT66G
txyaloo
AG
Haven't used that one but have been happy with the cerakote product. Has lasted longer than others I've tried

This is the Cerakote after 6 months outside. I didn't treat the cowl area under the hood. You can easily see the difference. Treated area still looks brand new. Back to black, 303, and others typically only last 1-2 months for me when sitting outside

Treated area as of this morning

AgGrad99
AG
303 aerospace protectant is really good.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Theres youtube videos of technique with a heat gun to bring the black back. Also a fan of Adams VRT to keep trim black..
Southside AG
AG
Go to YouTube and lookup "Pan the Organizer trim restorer" videos. Here are two he recently did on trim products. He's pretty good and a fun follow if you are into car detailing. I'd also check out his 2023 awards for best products and he might mention something in that.

Fat Tony
AG
Chemical Guys
austinag1997
AG
I use Chemical Guys also.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.