Electronic Issues - Repair recommendation

433 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by aTm_bomb
aTm_bomb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe.

My trusty mechanics all shy away from doing work on safety feature electronic repairs (emergency braking system, blind spot monitoring, forward camera replacements etc). The car has start throwing lights related to these various systems and I am reluctant to take to the dealership for the obligatory shakedown. Does anyone know a place that does these sorts of repairs?

Located in the Bellaire/Meyerland Area.
agracer
AG
Call the dealer. I know Honda has pretty much a lifetime warranty on 'safety systems', but don't know about electronic stuff.

I may just be a simple sensor.

Did your mech give you a code to look up?
aTm_bomb
AG
No it started with a usb issue that I couldn't get the full harness out. Today what when the lights started so haven't gotten that far yet.
akaggie05
AG
How old is the battery? Many times a weak battery can cause various electronics to go nuts, throw error codes, etc.
sts7049
AG
do your trusty mechanics not use a scan tool? every vehicle today has modules which you need to read codes for..
aTm_bomb
AG
Issues started today so haven't gotten to a mechanic to get codes scanned yet.
aTm_bomb
AG
Battery is only a few months old as I replaced it recently. I'll get it checked out. Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.