2005 Power Wagon help

696 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by GigEmForever
sdc177
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hit a small pothole a couple days ago and the a/c malfunctioned right away. Still cold air but only blowing 50%. A few minutes later when I was parking the airflow was down to like 10%. When I had to drive back home it was barely blowing at all. Then today when I had to drive it again the a/c functioned completely normally. I'm about to put this truck up for sale and would like to figure this out first but I'm not a mechanic. Any guesses?
ChoppinDs40
AG
Could've jostled something in the fan and got it spinning weirdly.

Keep testing it for a few days. If no issues, move on.
sts7049
AG
sounds like an electrical / connection issue. i would not bother trying to chase down something intermittent like that especially if you aren't doing it yourself.

just make sure to not let the buyer drive over any bumps
TexAg1987
I had an issue with a blend door actuator going out (stripped gears)

Occasionally when I hit a bump it would close the door turning it to heat. I would need to turn all the controls to heat and then back to cool for the door to reset back to it's open position. Eventually it happened more often and the "fix" wouldn't always work.

YMMV
will.mcg
AG
I would bet money your blower fan got rattled a little loose & the fan is binding up. It's held on with three screws (screwed into plastic) under the glove box. Also possible the bump knocked your blend door off which is blocking or partially blocking the blower fan air. Either way, take the blower fan off, stick your hand up there to see if the blend door fell, if so remove blend door & drive it till the wheels fall off. If not, the fan was probably loose.
GigEmForever
The jolt from the pothole could have caused a connection to become loose or damaged. This could be a power wire, ground wire, or a connector related to the blower motor or A/C system.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.