Relief on 2015-2019 GM Transmissions

1,209 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by EskimoJoe
SCHTICK00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Maybe I'll get my 5G back.
aggieforester05
AG
Their claim that most customers haven't experienced this has to be a lie. Those 8 speeds are garbage and they've never found a real fix.
SCHTICK00
AG
I believe these are 6 speeds and they almost all fail between 100 and 120k miles
HumbleAg04
AG
Had it in my 2016. Was a pain in the ass.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Just replaced the ****** in my wife's '19 Yukon. I'll be following this.
The Fife
SCHTICK00 said:

I believe these are 6 speeds and they almost all fail between 100 and 120k miles
A GM transmission that fails around 100-120K miles?

JB!98
AG
My 2020 had the shakes. I guess I am SOL.
Beckdiesel03
AG
I'm a 2019 model with 82k. The infotainment skips kill me more than the transmission but we also barely drive the Yukon. This scares the hell out of me.
Redstone
AG
Had a 2001 Tahoe, which were good reputation years
3rd Platoon
AG
I've had the transmission reprogrammed in my 2019 Silverado twice. It's the 8-speed. I haven't had any shakes at higher speeds (it's actually been really good in higher gears, knock on wood), but the lurch from 1-2 and down from 2-1 got pretty bad. It still does it from time to time, but it's not as bad as before the reprogram. It's now at 73K miles and out of warranty, so if I have future issues, I'll be SOL without something like this lawsuit to help.

The other problem is that the alternative is the GM/Ford 10-speed, and I hear nothing but horror stories from F-150 owners about them.
aggieforester05
AG
My old man's 2018 Sierra 6.2L with 134K miles has had the torque converter replaced and had the fluid replaced twice and it's back to shuddering again. The truck has had a plethora of other problems as well. Just last week: The starter went bad after being replaced just a few months ago. Then the entire brake system went nuts and had to replace all the pads, rotors, and master cylinder. Not to mention all of the electrical problems.
Jbob04
AG
My 2021 transmission had to be replaced at 49k miles
aggieforester05
AG
Jbob04 said:

My 2021 transmission had to be replaced at 49k miles
8 speed or 10 speed?
Jbob04
AG
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Had to replace the 6-speed transmission in my 2018 Sierra at 60k miles. Covered by warranty luckily. Will be watching this.
EskimoJoe
Our 2015 yukon has 133k on it. Knock on wood, we haven't had any signs of transmission or camshaft issues, but I stay regular on fluid changes also.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.