1954 Chevy 3100 (rough) - What's it worth?

1,243 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by locogringo
tsuag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Parked near (definitely not under) a barn at the in-laws place. They are wanting to get rid of it. Probably hasn't been touched in 25+ years.

What is this truck in this condition really worth?

Located 35 minutes southeast of San Antonio.

O.G.
Replacing the glass is going to be a challenge.

Digging that thing out of the dirt is going to be work.

There are people out there that would buy it right now, in that condition, but its like anything else, its going to depend on how much you are willing to spend.
04.arch.ag
AG
you may have to pay someone to dig that out and haul it off
classicdoug
AG
Unfortunately little to nothing. I would say it isn't worth restoring. I'd keep it as yard art.
bigtruckguy3500
I think 3 kinds of people might be interested in this.
-Someone who needs parts, or wants to sell it for parts
-Someone who wants to turn it into something driveable (either a hotrod, or actually try to restore it)
-Someone you have to pay to haul it off to the junk yard

First 2 are probably what you're interested in, and they'd need to inspect it and see how rusted through everything is, and how much is actually salvageable. I would suspect not much. If you had the time and patience, you could contact some shops that deal in these kinds of things and part it out yourself, maybe restore some parts yourself and stuff. But you'd be best off just emailing a bunch of pics to antique car places and people that restore parts and see if anyone wants something.

It actually looks pretty cool. If I was a multi-millionaire with a bunch of free time, I wouldn't mind restoring something like that with a modern engine and interior. Or restore it and turn it into a TowMater
tsuag10
AG
classicdoug said:

Unfortunately little to nothing. I would say it isn't worth restoring. I'd keep it as yard art.
That's what my wife said too
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
1954, probably very little. My dad restored a 53 and you can buy a fully restored one for far less than he put into his, even before you consider his time. They just made a zillion of them. Maybe 54 is better since that body was only one year. They're neat trucks though!
CanyonAg77
AG
Sitting down in the dirt like that, lots of rust, you will be lucky to get $500

I see these on Facebook marketplace in that condition for $5,000

rab79
AG
Dang heck of a way back machine, that is the first truck I ever drove.
locogringo
AG
I think most of the above replies are accurate.

I would be interested in it if they aren't wanting to keep it in the family.

I have a '54 blown apart right now and about to start going back together. I could definitely use a parts truck.

I paid $800 for this one. drive rear fender was beat up, but everything else is pretty good.

there is a thread on TexAgs about it somewhere. its been on hold for a few years. I'm excited to get it going once the new shop is complete

Let me know what your thinking on price.

texas(username)@gmail.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.