Grill Guard and running boards

518 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
WLW12SPJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just purchased a '24 Chevy RST Z71 crew cab and in need of a grill guard and running boards. I had a '19 that was totaled in an accident that had ranch hands for both. The grill guard was fine, but I hated the steps. It seems ranch hand hasn't improved that design so I need to go with another type for the steps.

One catch is I have numerous GM reward points I can use towards accessories through a dealer, which this should be covered. I talked to the local dealer and he said since this truck has front sensors that the ranch hand grill guard would require a couple sensors to be "moved". He suggested Frontier, which he said is made in Shiner also at the same place as ranch hand. IDK if that's true, but which ever. AND the Frontier wouldn't require sensors to be moved.

He also suggested to go with the GM "work step", which he said they have them for going wheel to wheel. The ranch hand steps I had on the '19 were also "wheel to wheel", but the one for the bed was in a horrible position (basically useless) and I didn't like that the step itself dropped down about 2-3" lower than the actual bar.

I was also told that going through the dealer these would be more expensive than going through an "independent", but - like I said - I do have lots of points to use AND I'm not sure what else I would use them for except for maintenance/oil changes, etc.

What say you Auto Board? TLDR - I have a new truck and need a grill guard and steps AND I have lots of GM reward points. TIA
TecRecAg
AG
Frontiers look better to me. And Aggie owned I believe. Had one on my '16 F-250
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Facebook takeoff steps
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.