5th generation 4Runners are almost gone

1,582 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by SteveA
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just FYI if you're one of the people like myself that is more interested in the tried and true 5th generation vs waiting to see on what the 6th generation is like. I live in the midwest and all the ones in transit are sold before they arrive. The websites aren't accurate in terms of what is available so you have to talk to them to find out. Last weekend we put a deposit down to secure a 2024 Limited that is in transit and it should be delivered late this month or early next month. People on both sides of our family have them and we've driven/riden in them enough to know that's what we want to buy. It's not the most advanced or the fastest, or fuel efficient, but it's arguably the most reliable powertrain ever built. I'll trade bells and whistles for reliability any day of the week since it'll last the test of time.

Some dealers aren't getting any more of them. One I talked to last week said the ones on their website have already been sold and they're not getting any more from the manufacturer. We were able to secure the color we wanted (underground) but had to get it with 3 rows of seats. We had to jump on it because we didn't know if anything in that color would be available.

Just a PSA for anyone that is interested in getting one before they're gone, your time is running out and if you have the chance to get one you can't really wait on it.
Furlock Bones
AG
Max Power said:

Just FYI if you're one of the people like myself that is more interested in the tried and true 5th generation vs waiting to see on what the 6th generation is like. I live in the midwest and all the ones in transit are sold before they arrive. The websites aren't accurate in terms of what is available so you have to talk to them to find out. Last weekend we put a deposit down to secure a 2024 Limited that is in transit and it should be delivered late this month or early next month. People on both sides of our family have them and we've driven/riden in them enough to know that's what we want to buy. It's not the most advanced or the fastest, or fuel efficient, but it's arguably the most reliable powertrain ever built. I'll trade bells and whistles for reliability any day of the week since it'll last the test of time.

Some dealers aren't getting any more of them. One I talked to last week said the ones on their website have already been sold and they're not getting any more from the manufacturer. We were able to secure the color we wanted (underground) but had to get it with 3 rows of seats. We had to jump on it because we didn't know if anything in that color would be available.

Just a PSA for anyone that is interested in getting one before they're gone, your time is running out and if you have the chance to get one you can't really wait on it.
people have removed the 3rd row and either put in the slider or changed the floor to the non-3rd row.
Redstone
AG
Already got a 2016 Limited
ATL Aggie
AG
I am looking for a 5th gen right now. I've been researching prices for 2021-2024 and cant figure out if there is enough of a discount to buy used. With so few new vehicles out there, are dealers negotiating price?
Max Power
AG
Every dealer I spoke with was selling them at MSRP, no discounts or market adjustment fees. Depending on where you live maybe there are some in stock but there were none in our area to even test drive, they're all spoken for before delivery. We negotiated a fair trade offer on our current vehicle that we have in writing until our 4Runner is delivered. We might have a chance to negotiate the financing rate with Toyota because we got approved at 5% with Bank of America and they asked if we'd consider financing with them. We won't know until it comes in. I told them it depends on how much better they can do, which we'll see when it comes in. Long story short your only real way to negotiate will be on any trade you and possibly financing.
SteveA
AG
Or just buy any of them from 2010-2024 and get virtually the same thing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.