Bedliner/Raptor liner 'paint job'

752 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by af02
af02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone used any bedliner or Raptor liner as an autobody paint job? If so, how's it holding up?
txyaloo
AG
I did Raptor Liner to my Bronco in 2016 IIRC. Still holding up well. Truck has been in the elements the entire time. I have a few areas that have flaked off that was due to poor prep but I haven't noticed any fading or other issues. I used their drywall gun for application. You'll need a compressor with a decent sized tank/CFM to keep up. otherwise, expect to do a panel, wait for air, then do the next.

If you're doing an entire car, get an electric sander and scuff up the clear coat. Clean everything well and make sure you don't have any shiny spots. if you do, scuff those. degrease everything and you should be good.

af02
Appreciate the info! Bronco looks awesome and I'm planning on doing it to my truck. Do you just pressure wash it if you want to clean it?
BlueSmoke
Seen a handful of Tesla trucks rhino-lined rolling around N. Dallas these days
Goodest Poster
AG
I did LineX on one of my Excursions. I also did the entire interior floor to help muffle sounds inside. It worked great and is holding up very well- like the day it left. I had it done, not a DIY.

Always the most goodest
txyaloo
AG
af02 said:

Appreciate the info! Bronco looks awesome and I'm planning on doing it to my truck. Do you just pressure wash it if you want to clean it?
If you prep well enough, and put enough layers of bed liner on, you can definitely pressure wash it. I use an RV brush and hose now, but it stays pretty clean other than the hood and around the fuel fill door

I found my light areas when material blew off pressure washing it That's the biggest challenge. Prep and laying down enough material.

I'd go very heavy in the door sills since you're constantly getting in/out of the car. I think I've seen the most wear in that area.
af02
Appreciate everyone's responses -- great looking vehicles y'all posted and I'm leaning to getting it done. Def. less than a 'real' paint job for a 20 yr old truck that won't be a daily driver.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.