2025 Nissan Frontier

1,762 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by bam02
videoag98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts on the 2025 Frontier?

Some changes:
6 ft bed now available on Crew Cabs (SV, Pro-X, Pro-4X)
12.3" Screen on SV and higher trims
Wireless Apple Car Play and Wireless Android Auto
Towing capacity increased by 500 lbs to 7,160 lbs

I don't like the large Frontier logo on the dash. The should have left that off

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/the-2025-nissan-frontier-is-ready-for-order-in-the-us-and-here-is-the-price-list-239379.html
mm98
AG
Always felt the Frontiers don't get the respect they deserve. They're good trucks
videoag98
AG
I agree.This one may be my next truck. I drove a late 80s Nissan Hardbody w/manual transmission back in the early 90s. I Miss that truck
3rd Platoon
AG
I'm not a fan of Nissan sedans with their crappy CVTs, but their SUVs and trucks are a much better story. The Frontier is a quality truck, and with the Tacoma going full turbo, it's a great alternative that's also cheaper.

Cheap, reliable, and naturally aspirated V6 is a terrific combo if you ask me.
Complete Idiot
The 2006 Nissan Xterra I had with the Nissan 4.0L V6 and manual transmission was one of my favorite vehicle ever. Same drivetrains in the Xterras as in the Frontiers of that era and they are known to last a long time.
Buck Turgidson
Its the most reliable mid sized truck available, and isn't priced ridiculously high like the Taco. I seriously considered getting one for my boys, but I'd rather they drive a full size truck or SUV.
ElephantRider
AG
mm98 said:

Always felt the Frontiers don't get the respect they deserve. They're good trucks

They're the new Tacoma, now that Toyota crapped the bed
bam02
AG
I saw one with a 6 foot bed recently and it looked really sharp. It wasn't anything fancy, just a 2wd in white but it looked good. I would definitely consider one if I was in the market.
Redstone
AG
My wife has a 2018 Nissan Kicks
PMD03
AG
I had a 2010 for 13 years and now my FIL drives it. Decent truck. Does most things well, but it didn't tow as well as some of the newer turbo engines. The interior ergonomics were also a little weird. Hopefully they worked those out with the interior redesign. If they were to put a version of their 3.0 turbo in it, I would be a buyer.
agracer
AG
Naturally Aspirated V6....what's not to like?
AZAG08
AG
My first truck was a frontier with manual everything and the jump seats in the back.
I'm sure its more nostalgia than anything, but when I'm just taking short trips around town I think about that truck a lot and wish I still had it

We had a few nissan trucks when I was growing up, I always liked them and agreed w/ other that they dont seem to get the credit they deserve
TSW2012
AG
No rear AC vents killed the frontier on our shopping list. We went with a 24 Chevy Colorado and are happy. Hopefully Nissan put rear ac in the new trucks.
bam02
AG
I looked at the Nissan website and it doesn't look like you can get the 6 foot bed with the pro 4X package. That would be bad ass if you could.
Redstone
AG
My wife wanted a Juke but we had to settle for the Kicks
aTm2004
AG
No thoughts on the 2025, but I bought a '07 Frontier CC LE back in 2007 and drove it for 11 years and 165k miles with very little needed outside of routine maintenance. Up until 100k miles, it was flawless, but once it hit 100k, a few different sensors went out that needed to be replaced, but that was it. Mechanically, it was sound.

Bought that over the Tacoma because the Nissan dealership was willing to negotiate price where the Toyota essentially told me to pay sticker or go elsewhere. Both were stickered around $27k back then and I got the Frontier for just over $24k drive out. I also liked the "taller" driving position of the Frontier over the almost sedan like seating position of the Taco (feet out front vs down). My one negative with it was it's crappy turning radius. It sucked.

I miss that truck. It was taken from me when some asshat decided he had sat at a red light too long and pulled out in front of me.

I also rented a 2023 Frontier when my wife and I went to Colorado Springs last December and it did well doing some minor trails we drove on while exploring as well as Gold Camp Road and Old Stage Road.

Before the '07, I drove a '98 Frontier single cab long bed with a 5 speed. It was a basic truck as you could get with metal doors, vinyl seats and floors, no PS, etc, but it had cold AC and I needed something to haul my motorcycle to track days, and found this at a dealership trying to get rid of it. Got it for $1800 drive out (IIRC). I think it had 110k on it when I got it and I put a good 50k miles of DGAF on it, and it kept on running strong. Traded it in on the '07 and I think they gave me like $2500 on trade in.
El_duderino
Yes you can. It's up on the website
bam02
AG
Oh I missed it then. That will be a pretty sweet truck. I might've considered that.
Buck Turgidson
bam02 said:

I looked at the Nissan website and it doesn't look like you can get the 6 foot bed with the pro 4X package. That would be bad ass if you could.
Here you go...
bam02
AG
Damn that's nice! Would have definitely looked hard at one of those if they were available 6 months ago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.