Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Home Gym Equip Recs

1,223 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by KidDoc
roosterag20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to potentially add a home gym to my shop. Don't need anything special

Perhaps a smith machine/freestanding squat rack combo, with set of dumbbells and adjustable bench

Any recommendations?
CC09LawAg
Brands I have purchased from that I recommend and have been pleased with quality are Rogue, Titan, REP, and Bells of Steel.

I love the idea of this machine from BoS and think it would probably be one of the best all around weekend warrior setups you could get. I do not own it but I own their cable tower and have been very happy with it for the price.

All-in-One Trainer - Bells of Steel USA

Adjustable benches, I would buy once cry once and get a sturdy one. I bought mine from REP fitness and it's solid as a tank. I bought a cheap one before and basically wasted $150 on a flimsy piece of junk.
rabbott20
AG
I have the Jacked Up Evolution in my basement. It's pricey but AMAZING
RightWingConspirator
AG
I've purchased all the same brands before: Rogue, REP, Titan, Bells of Steel. I basically buy exclusively REP Fitness. I really like the quality of the products and while pricey, not as pricey as Rogue.
bam02
AG
I am a titan fitness guy. Pretty much my whole gym is equipped with their stuff. I've been really happy with the quality and their customer service. I know they apparently had a really bad reputation early on for their packaging and shipping, but I've had no issues.

The only item I did not like was an adjustable bench that I bought from them. I honestly had a lot of difficulty assembling it, and I may have done something wrong, but I think it was poor build quality. I kept it for quite a while, but then wanted to selling it and just replacing it with a flat bench from Titan. I've been really happy with it and found that I don't really miss having an adjustable bench.

Personally, I would recommend keeping it simple and starting with a quality power rack, bench, barbell, and good set of plates.

JeremiahJohnson
AG
Rep and Rogue are the brands i am digging now for Racks. I have a Rogue.

Power bars from Rogue or Texas Power Bars

Bumper plates from Fringe Sport

Adjustable bench from Rep.

Either a dumbbell set from academy or get a set of adjustables from REP or Power Block.
10andBOUNCE
AG
What are your goals? What kind of lifting do you do?
MRB10
AG
We've had these since Covid and they've been great. They're a little wide but that's my only gripe.

https://www.bowflex.com/product/1090-adjustable-dumbbells/710000.html

https://www.bowflex.com/product/2080-adjustable-barbell-curlbar/100874.html
CFTXAG10
AG
The brands mentioned above are all great, also don't be afraid to check facebook marketplace and the like because I have gotten some great deals locally on lightly used weights and equipment.

Depending on your location there are also local specialty shops that often have great deals and promos. In Houston specifically, theres quite a few.
roosterag20
AG
Very leisure I would say. I don't lift every day and just want to do it to stay in shape and build a little muscle.

Just looking to do some basic lifts at home without having to go to a gym
roosterag20
AG
Thank you all for the helpful inputs!
KidDoc
AG
It is a bit pricey but I love my Tonal machine. Like having a gym + personal trainer at home.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.