Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Physical Therapist - Collin County (McKinney, Plano, Frisco, Allen area)

451 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by jograki
jtraggie99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone in the far north Dallas burbs have a PT they would recommend? Need to get a shoulder issue checked out. I'm in McKinney.
rebel06
AG
https://www.northdallasphysicaltherapy.com/
P.U.T.U
AG
What kind of shoulder issue and why a PT first? I have an ortho/PT combo over here in Wylie that will be fixing my shoulder and know several people that have used them in the past
Ken Adams
AG
I really liked Vista PT in Mckinney, off Custer/Stonebridge by the HEB. I went through about 3 months of PT for post-surgery on a torn knee meniscus.
jtraggie99
AG
P.U.T.U said:

What kind of shoulder issue and why a PT first? I have an ortho/PT combo over here in Wylie that will be fixing my shoulder and know several people that have used them in the past
Just thought I would try there first. I've had off and on shoulder tightness / soreness in both shoulders in recent years (I'm 47 and lift regularly), but nothing that stopped me from lifting. Usually I've found it's a result of knots in my upper back, and once I can get those to relax, it goes away. Was on a canoe / camping trip with my son in Canada back in July, and did something to my left shoulder, felt like a strain or stretched too far (carrying a massive pack on a portage trail and navigating around downed trees ). Was lifting since we got back, and no problems with shoulder presses, bench, etc. Then late last week it started getting more problematic (more soreness and tightness), but could still work through it. Then last Sunday I could not even get through my warm-ups on shoulder presses. Even squats hurt, just having weight on my back. Had my son help with my Theragun on my back, which seemed to identify a lot of knots over most of the left side of my back, from about middle to the top of the traps, neck down to shoulder. And a lot of pain in the front of my shoulder. Tried to bench yesterday and couldn't get through warm-up's (shoulder felt like it was just going to give out just unracking the bar). I could squat though. Back and shoulder are still pretty sore, and the knots don't appear to be going away yet. Range of motion is still somewhat restricted.

Anyway, I figured if it's not well enough that I can comfortably lift by next week, I'd see a PT and have someone look at the whole area. Also considered finding an ortho or even starting with just a good massage therapist.
jtraggie99
AG
And thanks for the recommendations.
P.U.T.U
AG
Performance Medicine & Sports Therapy in Frisco, only downside is they normally have a backlog. Have PT, massage, and chiro
jograki
AG
I really like Dr Kuykendahl at the Allen Airrosti, he is very knowledgeable with weightlifting as well. You will get exercises to work on between your appointments and the appt focuses on manual therapy and myofascial release in your problem area. I reduced a lot of pain and tightness in my shoulder after several sessions and I have been able to go heavier on certain lifts I couldn't really do before.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.