Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Started drinking more water and now more thirsty?

253 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by 94chem
2girlsdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've normally drank about 1.5 - 2 liters of water a day, but a couple weeks ago I decided to up it to close to 4 liters. I have noticed that I'm not dying of thirst during workout, especially in-between rolls at bjj, but throughout the day I am thirstier. I feel like I get dry mouth a lot quicker.

I didn't start drinking more because I was thirstier, know it's a possible sign of diabetes, I just made a decision to drink more to be better hydrated as well as curb appetite (trying to get to 12% bf).

Have any of y'all experienced this? I take magnesium and potassium supplements as well as salt my food, but maybe an electrolyte imbalance?
gigemJTH12
AG
a bunch of water without electrolytes is not going to hydrate you.

get some Celtic sea salt and drink 20 oz of water with a table spoon of it to start your day.
2girlsdad
what about sugar free liquid IV?
MouthBQ98
AG
Your metabolism probably increased a bit and is tripping off cravings.
94chem
gigemJTH12 said:

a bunch of water without electrolytes is not going to hydrate you.

get some Celtic sea salt and drink 20 oz of water with a table spoon of it to start your day.

The density of sodium chloride is around 2.1 g/ml. Of that, around 39% is actual sodium, or 826 mg. There are 15 ml in a tbsp. So...you just told this guy to consume 12,400 mg of sodium first thing in the morning, versus a USRDA of 2500 mg? Dude, I sell an electrolyte supplement with 1000mg/serving, which is 3x the new high electrolyte Gatorade formula...and you're telling him to go 12x that?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.