Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

TexAgs.com Official Statement Regarding Carl Pelini Incident

10,525 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by nems
J.D. Shellnut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I vote for "hot Carl."
Gabe Bock
Sponsor
AG
Petern81...

quote:
Brandon, you have nerves of steal.

You mean "steel" right?

Or did you really mean this:

quote:
Brandon, Pelini has nerve to steal.

I'm confused.

Just messing with you...trying to have fun through all of this. It's been rather crazy on all of us...particularly Brandon "I don't steal, I'm steel" Jones.

[This message has been edited by gabe_bock (edited 11/22/2010 8:26p).]
child of grace
S
FTR, Brandon does not have to pursue the matter for charges to be filed. Any sitting Brazos County grand jury member could take the case up. Grand jury would instruct the DA to investigate (which they would be legally bound to do) and bring the case back to them for an indictment vote.

And yes, I just happen to know 2 people who are currently sitting on different Brazos County grand juries.
Keegan99
AG
child of grace - Make. It. Happen.
Morpholino
AG
Gabe, you called me out on the typo, LOL! I noticed it after I hit the submit button, but was too lazy to edit it. I just hoped that it wouldn't be noticed!

I can imagine it has been crazy for you guys. I'm sure you know this, but we're behind you guys all the way! Keep up the great work and Gig 'Em!

[This message has been edited by petern81 (edited 11/22/2010 8:41p).]
jbanda
AG
I'd rate the professionalism of this site exceptional.

[This message has been edited by jbanda (edited 11/22/2010 8:43p).]
Adam87inSA
AG
KICK 'EM OUTTA THE BIG XII!!!

Oh... wait...
Ag20??
AG
Perhaps this is germans bombed the moon ad nauseum but I missed this the first time so...

Is that girl to the right getting proposed to?
"We had to testify against Nebraska's coach after kicking their ass in football. It was sooo romantic"

[This message has been edited by Ag20?? (edited 11/22/2010 8:53p).]
Gradin
BTHO all
The Penile twins were just angry about Kyle not being little people accessible. What a couple of cork soakers.
TxAgg07
AG
I've been dealing with idiots since yesterday on a husker board about this. No matter what you show them they still don't believe it.

http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?10404-Say-it-aint-so-Carl
Warrior Poet
AG
what an asshat

sue. free texags for life with the damages for everyone.
SuperGrego
If you don't file criminal assault charges, I will take all this to the CSPD and file it myself. Carl Pelini is not above the law and committed what is called a criminal assault in the State of Texas, at Kyle Field. This ain't over yet.
SuperGrego
If you don't file criminal assault charges, I will take all this to the CSPD and file it myself. Carl Pelini is not above the law and committed what is called a criminal assault in the State of Texas, at Kyle Field. This ain't over yet.
pringlelake

[This message has been edited by pringlelake (edited 11/22/2010 9:20p).]
txhawk1993
Hopefully the Big 12 will take action
TxAgg07
AG
Wasn't there only one flag picked up?
mwv121
I posted a lengthy observation about the game and the camera incident in another thread, but I'll say this: as a Nebraska fan, Carl Pelini's behavior was disgraceful. He should man up, apologize and make things right. Period. And it ticks me off that so many fellow Nebraska fans are in such denial. It makes us as a fanbase look like a bunch of whiny, cry babies.

child of grace
S
Thanks, mw. Appreciate your integrity. Your university deserves better than the Pelini's.
Optimus
AG
Who was the guy in the visor??
Capitol Ag
AG
quote:
Also, what is the deal with people just standing around and not trying to break this up? Everyone appears to have a ho-hum attitude, just watching and not doing anything.

This is what I was thinking. Maybe it just happened too fast, but I would like to thinkg that had I been there I would have tried to do something to stop that umpa lumpa from grabbing the camera.

Denniska
quote:
The cover up/denial is always worse than the crime.

S,o the original quadruple F-bombing of the maroon visor guy escalated to assault/attempted robbery to cover up the first incident, followed by officially pronounced lies to the media to cover up the first cover up. Can't wait till tomorrow.

...But really, this should have all been resolved right there with a quick apology right there on the field.

It's disgusting to deal with disgusting people.
DecadePlan
AG
Carl's a thug.
Bo's a liar.

Nebraska is sullied by them.

--------

NOT our problem anymore Ags. Let the Big Ten have them. I used to care.
RAB88
AG
If he'd of just grabbed Brandon's balls everything would be fine.
Wooahhhh
AG
wow, just think about it. Brandon, getting into a fight, defending himself against one of the Pelini boys and starting a riot on Kyle Field between A&M and Nebraska players/coaches/fans. How big of a marketing/headline/CNN making story would that be?! Brandon takes a swing, the guy in the maroon jacket joins him, 4 Ags then pile on Pelini and beat the ever livin', ever lovin' and all hell breaks out. Brandon, you were one swing away from the big time, lol.
CapAg07
AG
What an a-hole...
Rex Racer
AG
I feel like I'm inspecting the Zapruder Film.
txaggie70
Assault charges should be filed against Carl Pelini!
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Has this been sent to Nebraska? They already got in Bo's face about his antics. On ESPN college football live yesterday, they interviewed a reporter for huskernation.com who alluded to the Carl incident also. His summary was that the Carl issue hadn't played itself out yet...

I went to the husker website and there isn't one line referring to it. No surprise there, but can this CSI-college station edition case presentation be uploaded to these places or ESPN?

2 Timothy 4:7
Onlycauseoftherefsuwon
Seems to me like you folks forgot to watch the video of fat boy #83 and what he did to Cotton. Weird how Cotton got the flag too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yTVtSoeVZA
And you guys are crying about a camera.
shotan23
AG
Knowing Brandon professionally as an integrous business owner and personally as a close friend and pastor (he is an elder at my church), I can say that this hits very close to home for me.

I think the response of Brandon and texags staff to remain above the level of the Pelinis and not launch their own smear campaign of sorts exemplifies class and professionalism.

Simply put, Carl Pelini can't be allowed to think it's okay to rampage across the field because he's grumpy for losing, assault a credentialed media member, a righteous upstanding man, and assume that the people involved won't be able to muster up the courage or proof to call him on his b.s.

The truly sad part is that it doesn't have to become a legal ordeal with chancellors, lawyers, university officials. Be a MAN, admit your mistake, own it, apologize, and save any possible dignity or respect left in the situation.

[This message has been edited by shotan23 (edited 11/23/2010 8:22a).]
HeardAboutPerio
AG
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&KEY=&ATCLID=23135&SPID=41&SPSID=175

This link gets you to Tom Osborne's page in NU athletic dept. I sent a respectful email. There is a phone number listed also. Sheer numbers may make a difference. There is no way they aren't already discussing how to handle this.
xhippieliberalx
AG
quote:
I've been dealing with idiots since yesterday on a husker board about this. No matter what you show them they still don't believe it.

i just started reading the thread you posted. holy crap are they delusional!

quote:
Appears to me Carls looked over at the cameraman, saw someone was going to jump the guy from behind, moved to save the guy, but was too late.

so carl is a hero instead of an assailant!

quote:
I think the guy took and step back and tripped over someone or something and went down.

quote:
I'd even go so far as to say, Carl looked over, saw him start to fall and reached out to grab him.

BostonAg74
If Tom Osborne thinks that doing something about this will help Nebraska win football games, he will do something. If not, he won't. His value system is not very complex.
Pure Aggie
AG
quote:
And you guys are crying about a camera.
nope, we're complaining about a grown man attacking a defenseless person HOLDING a camera (what a fkg stud you are peloini) which if committed on the street outside would land his insane ass in fkg JAIL.

carl peloini should NEVER be allowed on a sideline again until he's received the kind of mental and psychiatric therapy that will ensure opponents that he is safe to be there again.

[This message has been edited by Pure Aggie (edited 11/23/2010 9:28a).]
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.