Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

UPDATED: TexAgs 2011 Recruiting Rankings (Liucci's 44 & Top 111)

15,831 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by AWP 97
Liucci
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
As always, our free content is presented by:

Aggie Energy, the Only Official Electricity Partner of Aggie Athletics, offers a new way for Aggie fans to power your home or business while supporting Texas A&M. Make the switch at AggieEnergy.com.

-----------

UPDATED 2011 RECRUITING RANKINGS:
-Liucci's 44 -- LINK
-Top 111 in 2011 -- LINK

Here are our updated recruiting rankings for the Class of 2011. The "Liucci's 44" are ranked in order, regardless of position. The "Top 111 in 2011" are my top 111 prospects in the state, broken up into position-by-position rankings.

We'll have one final update on the 2011 class just before National Signing Day in early February.

Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by Liucci (edited 12/15/2010 12:07a).]
tmollre
AG
1st
tch_aggfanatic
Terrible progress so far... this is worse than I thought.
drill4oil78
AG
Sherman better wake up when it comes to recruiting. Getting rid of Tim Cassidy would be a start. Letting Nebraska and OSU come into Texas and take top recruits from us needs to stop. These are not the 80's and 90's. Recruting tatics have changed. Getting to the 10-12 regular season wins is a big step from the 8-9 wins and it will take top recruits to get over that hump. You are not going to compete for MNC in a power conference without your share of top talent.
Ferg
txaggie, you need to look at the commits list. Half the kids are from out of state/JrCol/CC and won't be on the top 44 or 111 as those are Texas kids only.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Just like your post said, this isn't recruiting in the 80's and 90's.... meaning you recruit much younger... meaning the conventional wisdom is that next year is when we should see the combined results of early recruiting and a winning team.

And have you seen next year's list?

AGSWON
AG
Cannot believe Nebraska is pulling that much talent out of this State. That's embarrassing!
Know Your Enemy
AG
That is brutal to look at.
CDub06
AG
Weird to see a Roadrunner on there...
ncarter04
Nebraska is theoretically a top 10 program and so I can see them getting a few in the top 50, but after the Pelini brothers escapades, it would be great to see a few decommits. I bet Taylor Martinez wishes he had made a different decision.

Not to mention Nebraska isn't much of a school and it is in the freaking colder than witch's t_t plains where only white people live. Ok I take that back, why would any recruit go there?
Sarge 77
Anybody notice the #1 QB J.W.Walsh's haircut.

There is a tree perfectly centered behind him.
94chem
Ch-ch-ch-chia!
mg99
AG
This is turible. Sad that so many guys have us as their 3rd option. Really sad that so many guys are looking out of state ahead of us.
NITESIDE
Most of those kids were committed already, long before this season...You need to remember three things.

1st. Hardest of all for Aggies is to admit that Shermen knows talent and is getting as much as can expected of those with "Media Spotlight Talent", but is getting more than most of the unknown non media bright spotlight talent. Hell, he has a quailty football team made up of guys the Media never saw coming.(Lucci excluded of course)

2nd. Lots more out of state talent coming than we have possibly ever had. This is a truely excellant turn of events.

3rd. Some of you get your panites in a wad much too quickly. Shermen, Cassidy, etal: don't really need your advice about recruiting football players. It is almost laughable to behold. It would be hoped that if anything this season might of shown you guys is that Shermen knows what he's doing.
swc93
AG
Small numbers available, poor record previous two years...this class was destined to be low on any talent ranking list.

Sherman is showing he is finding the players he needs for the program. Ragging on Cassidy is pure idiocy.

NOW; if our record this year doesn't help with recruiting for 2012 signing day then bomb away.
bigrichta
#41 is an idiot. if you're a good running back, why do you sign with t.u. who has just signed the best running back in the state? you'll never see the grass of DKR.

#37. Picture taken in Kyle Field. Committed to: ou.
ncarter04
I think Sherman is indeed a decent recruiter and his linemen have panned out, for which I am grateful.

BUT, if Sherman doesn't get rid of those mock turtlenecks I imagine the Wrecking crew is eventually going to give him a wedgie.
mtjoy
Bigrich, have you seen how many RBs t.u. throws at the turf hoping somebody, anybody can run the ball? Not to defend this kid or t.u., but given the revolving door they have at RB, it's hard to say any kid wouldn't get a chance.
mtjoy
That Devonta kid looks tough!
Prosper92Ag
AG
School breakdown of Top 44:

t.u - 18
OU - 6
A&M - 5
OSU - 4
Neb - 4
TT - 2
LSU - 2
TCU - 1
Oregon - 1
Uncommitted - 1

The disgusting fact that t.u. has to do little to nothing to get the top recruits is obvious. Outside that, though, we're not that bad given our recent history.
elxverde
Funny that this list is completely different from "r," "s," and ESPN rankings. Even OB's Texas100 is based more in reality than this list.

But if it makes you feel better, whatever.
Prosper92Ag
AG
School breakdown of Top 111:

t.u - 21
OU - 12
Uncommitted - 11 (6 listed A&M as a preference)
A&M - 9
OSU - 9
TT - 9
TCU - 7
Neb - 5
UH - 5
Baylor - 3
Ark - 2
Mizzou - 2

Everyone else has 1 each.

If you don't agree with Liucci's list, that's a different issue. But based on his list, t.u. is kicking everyone's a$$ (not just ours), and we're at least hanging in there with the others. I'd say not bad, considering.
KASG
quote:
School breakdown of Top 44:

t.u - 18
OU - 6
A&M - 5
OSU - 4
Neb - 4
TT - 2
LSU - 2
TCU - 1
Oregon - 1
Uncommitted - 1

Comparative to every other site, this list is off by a mile.
rugger9
AG
Anybody remember what the Texas class we just BTHO was ranked-it is not the rank of the individuals-it is the rank of the team.
Sparkie
AG
"Anybody remember what the Texas class we just BTHO was ranked-it is not the rank of the individuals-it is the rank of the team."

One bad year out of how many? Good example.
drill4oil78
AG
"txaggie, you need to look at the commits list. Half the kids are from out of state/JrCol/CC and won't be on the top 44 or 111 as those are Texas kids only."

Well I have looked at the overall recruting class for 2011 and there are some good players and I think Sherman has stolen a playmaking QB, but overall it is a weak class as far as position needs. Sherman is losing kids that we should not be losing. His recruting phlisophy is slow and deliberate. That might be fine when evaluating talent in the NFL but you have to be aggressive in college recruiting and you have to be a finisher and we are not finishing on some recruting battles.

The 2012 class has potential, but I will believe it when I see solid commitments to the class and I see Sherman and his staff actually be finishers in recruiting battles.

Sherman has showed he can coach up the kids and get 8-9 wins, but that is far as you will get if you don't get your share of top talent. If you want to compete in a high power conference and for the MNC you have to have Top 10 classes.
Bryan98
AG
So...TCU and Boise have been getting top 10 classes?

The geniuses beating that drum should think before they speak. Better yet, don't say anything at all.
tifire85
quote:
#41 is an idiot. if you're a good running back, why do you sign with t.u. who has just signed the best running back in the state? you'll never see the grass of DKR.

*Bergeron is an excellent big back with good feet and is under-recognized because he played on such a mediocre-to-bad team with no offensive line. Looking at his rushing numbers against a pretty stout Longview defense compared to what the Sims' cousins were able to do against them...he absolutely torched them without the benefit of another guy for the defense to key on. I'm under the hope that he considers switching to us because he reminds me a little bit of a slimmer JTrain. He had to have been bigger than 235 mid-season...he sure looked like it.

*I have to say that I think Walsh might be Gilbert v2.0 and could be a bust at the next level. Just like Gilbert he's getting used to having a ridiculous amount of time to throw the ball and not getting hit because UIL/TASO officials don't believe in calling holding during the playoffs. Many of his TDs over the last few weeks have been him rolling out to one side while his linemen tackle the DL to the ground to give him plenty of time for a receiver to break open. Not a read quarterback...stares at one receiver and if he's covered he runs around for 10 seconds until someone gets open. At times Guyer looks like they are playing backyard football in that guys are just running around getting open while the QB stands there and waits with no rush because the DL are laying on the ground with guys on top of them. Does not have the speed, agility, or friendly officiating to get away with that at the next level. Does have a great arm.

*I think David Ash is going to end up being a great QB. He is big with a good arm, and most importantly to me he stays in the pocket even under pressure and steps into hits to get his throws off. He's a guy that I think can translate into a good college QB. Looks a lot like Keenum in that all-red uniform...a quite tall dude.

*The Daingerfield Duo are VERY good and I hope the flux in coaching at Texas pulls Edmond to joining Hatten at A&M. I can't imaging being a 2A player going up against those guys...has to be intimidating.

[This message has been edited by tifire85 (edited 12/16/2010 6:32p).]
mitchellfair22
It's funny to see Jace Amaro at #30 but he's #48 nationally.

[This message has been edited by mitchellfair22 (edited 12/17/2010 10:50a).]
AWP 97
AG
I would be lying if I said that it does not concern me that our recruiting "appears" to be so bad. I'm sure that we all would rest easier at night if a couple more nebraska, okie ligt, ou, tu, and ttu commits change to the Aggies. There are obvious reasons that we are all aware of for the lack of 2011 recruiting success.

Could it be better? Of course!

Do I trust that Sherman and staff are doing the best that they can considering the obstactles? Yes!

With all that being said, I am doing my best to trust in Sherman in regards to this 2011 class. However, he will be judged (in my book) by what the 2012 class looks like.

We have a long way to go until we start analyzing the 2012 class so I'm not going to start worrying about it quite yet.

What I am worried about is the Cotton Bowl against lsu (ticket recently confirmed). I know 43 days is a long time to wait between games but let's focus on this win. After the game, there will be about a month before National signing day. Let's let the dust settle and then start really evaluating the 2011 class after we know for sure who is in it.

Just one crazy Aggies opinion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.