Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Liucci's 44: Initial Rankings for Class of 2012

25,811 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by FHUAggie
Liucci
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
As always, our free content is presented by:

Aggie Energy, the Only Official Electricity Partner of Aggie Athletics, offers a new way for Aggie fans to power your home or business while supporting Texas A&M. Make the switch at AggieEnergy.com.

-----------

Class of 2012 Initial Rankings:
-Liucci's 44 -- LINK

Here are my very first rankings for the class of 2012. How close did my rankings come to your guess in the thread from earlier today?

Feel free to read and discuss.

[This message has been edited by Liucci (edited 12/15/2010 12:10a).]
PlanoAg88
AG
Still Awesome!
jtaggie23
ckwarren33
Do A&M's prospects looks better this year than the same time last year?
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
It's been a long time since A&M was on the list of almost every top prospect in Texas. Looking good for next year.
Gofor2
AG
Brooks Haack!

Here's hoping a the Katy Tiger trend continues!

-------------------------------------------------------

Rough, Tough, Real Stuff. Texas A&M.

Edit for spelling

[This message has been edited by Gofor2 (edited 12/15/2010 7:17a).]
JamesT83
AG
nice to see the Ags in the mix on almost all of these guys. good info for the doom and gloomers.
BigOil
AG
Why 44 versus 50 or 38 or 69? just curious.
Gabe Bock
Sponsor
AG
BigOil...really just because we wanted to be different. And we wanted to rank around 40 players. So that left us with 39 (national title year) or 44 (Crow). We started out ranking 39 but quickly switched to 44 after a few months because 39 just didn't seem like enough kids on the list. Not for Texas.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Is Mike Matthews related to the other Matthews brothers? How many Matthews family offensive lineman are there?
anagdad72
Any updates on the Dennis Smith saga and whether he will really keep his Aggie offer when everything is said and done?
ncarter04
Looks like we're on our way (back).
ncarter04
If we top LSU in the Cotton Bowl, that will go a long way toward nailing these kids down. tu is resting on their laurels only at this point, a few decommits and a few flops and they're back to the late 80's. Let's go pick some Cotton.
rebel06
AG
Looks like most of these 44 are at least interested in A&M. Sherman and his staff need to focus on the class of 2012 while t.u. is trying to reorganize their coaching staff. Might be a way to snag some of these guys and maybe even sway some 2011 guys before signing day.
Dr T and the Women
AG
odd to see a top recruit with his preference list being SMU/TTU/UH
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TAMU1990
AG
Yes Mike Matthews is related. Talk about a family pipeline!

[This message has been edited by Wendy 1990 (edited 12/15/2010 9:11a).]
AgSportsFan89
AG
Mike Matthews, Jake Matthews, and Kevin Matthews are all sons of Bruce Matthews.
TAMU1990
AG
I think Bruce Matthews has 5 kids. I think there are more younger sons.
AgSportsFan89
AG
He has a younger son in elementary school and a daughter.
Jack Parkman
Dennis Smith looks like a prime candidate to turn from RB to LB once on campus.
Austin Ag
AG
aggiebones
AG
How can you even ask if Mike is related? He is spot on for the brothers. I swear that was a picture of Bruce actually from 30 years ago. lol
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Dennis Smith looks like a prime candidate to never make it on campus

FIFY.

Hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like this kid has had issues over the past year. Tough living circumstances and more. Kid needs to get his act together and truly grasp the opportunity he has in front of him to better his life.
Samo
AG
We need Jonathan Gray! I watched him play a couple times this year, and I would go as far to say that he is the best back in the country. I would love to see him in maroon and white! Last I heard he was pretty high on the good guys as well.
Sbisa04
Dad-O-Lot
AG
I noticed that in every case that t.u. was listed as a preference, so was A&M. There were, however, a few who listed A&M as a preference and not t.u.

Is this a new trend? I have never followed recruiting so I have no idea.
ncarter04
We're about to rip the sips a new one in the next class. Let's blow Darth Vader (Mack Brown) into space
rab79
AG
Don't we still have a shot at the rockdale LB that is committed to tceh since his brother at blinn is listed as a 2012 aggie commit?

Interesting, 10 of the 42 uncommitted players don't show tu as a preference, while only 3 don't have the ags down as a preferred school. Also, the 3 not listing A&M don't list tu either.

[This message has been edited by rab79 (edited 12/15/2010 11:06a).]
JBAggie
AG
Speaking of the Matthews family, Kevin Matthews was added to the Tennesse Titans Active Roster yesterday from the practice squad.

(soory Just noticed this was already posted)

[This message has been edited by JBAggie (edited 12/15/2010 11:47a).]
CapAg07
AG
Awesome!
OneBlitzer
AG
Impressive initial showing for A&M.
AnalogyAg
I count it as 40, 31, 24 ags over t.u. and OU respectively.

Obvious Q is how much does this list jive with others' opinions of the top 40 or 50?

Does it reflect that Liucci is more aware of the recruits ags are after? Even if so, I believe Sherm may be a better evaluator of what kind of player/person will be a success for our program.
El_Gato
AG
I would not put much stock into what the preferences at this point. We have offered a lot of these guys already. OU, OSU, LSU, Neb and texas have yet to give out as many verbals as us. Not trying to be negative but some of these kids have not have not seen interest from schools who will do so down the road. But our apparent strategy of getting on some of the big names early might pay off because of this past season.

I think the most interesting things to watch will be the February junior days at texas and the rest of the spring. Texas got all but 6 of their recruits in February last year. I can't see that happening this year. Schools like OU have not signed anyone since June. I think we will be able to tell a lot about the next class pretty soon.
sealyaggie
Gabe,
Are the preferences in any type of order(high, medium or low preference) or are the schools just randomly listed?
mountainmangates
AG
another question about preferences:

matt davis from klein forest has been saying for a while that his top two choices are tech and auburn, yet neither of these schools are listed by his name. i'm confused??
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.