Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jason Cook selected to lead Texas A&M Athletics external affairs

9,906 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by BTHO Pessimism
jelfag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
lakeside aggie
jeep
mdgtamu
AG
quote:
Good luck to whoever replaces him! Big shoes to fill.

His division is being outsourced by Sharp. I suspect that's why he made the move.
http://esbd.cpa.state.tx.us/docs/711/105045_1.pdf
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Good luck to whoever replaces him! Big shoes to fill.

His division is being outsourced by Sharp. I suspect that's why he made the move.
http://esbd.cpa.state.tx.us/docs/711/105045_1.pdf

Wait, if this is true, Cook wasn't the greatest in the world. You don't outsource the greatest in the world...

Something seems fishy.

And all you asshats that say Jason is the greatest and has done so much to improve our national image, name ONE THING he did to improve our image BEFORE this past football season. I can name something he did DURING the football season (or just prior to) that made us look like complete MORANS....a particular YouTube video comes to mind....
Cardboardboxer
Lateralus Ag, Jason sold leaving the Big 12 and tu (meaning the tu game) to a fanbase whose older generation basically defined themselves by the lost rivalry.

Jason Cook was the second biggest reason the Old Army signed off on the move. Only the "call your cable provider to request the LHN" commercials on ESPN did more.

As far as I am concerned he deserves a statue right next to Bowtie.
MooreTrucker
AG
Yeah, he was named International Brand Master of the Year, us being on all these lists...Most influential college online (Klout), most engaging university on Facebook (Varsity Outreach), top 10 Twitter accounts (Education Dive) and “schools that are smart at social media” (PC Magazine)...all that came about just because he's so handsome.
BTHO Pessimism
Hey Jason if you are reading this I am the guy who talked to you quite a long time at last April's Muster. You were the Muster speaker there. For real, when I walked over to talk to you I didn't know who you were and I was only being friendly as you weren't really in conversation with anyone at the moment. I did enjoy that and we talked about a lot of stuff during the "refreshment" stage, before the meal, club meeting, your speech, and then Muster ceremony. I really did enjoy hearing about Miss State and if you remember we shared our favorite Jerry Clower stories. You are very cool and congratulations! You gave the best Muster speech I can remember. Oh I also enjoyed discussing the move to the SEC with you,
Thanks.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
I've got nothing against Cook (well, he needs to kill the bevel) but Cardboardboxer, that is total and utter crap.
BTHO Pessimism
Jason, one more thing, if you are looking for any help I'd be glad to work for ya.
Ag4coal
quote:
BostonAg749:12p, yesterday

The bad news: Ketch just took away one of his stars.

AgsForTheWin
p-wonk01
AG
Congratulations! It is well deserved.
mdgtamu
AG
quote:
Wait, if this is true, Cook wasn't the greatest in the world. You don't outsource the greatest in the world...

I'm not passing judgement one way or another on Jason, but this is probably not a valid argument. It is obvious to those that have been keeping up with what's been happening since the new Chancellor was appointed (which is difficult at best due to lack of media coverage) that he is only interested in making processes and functions (appear, IMHO) more efficient.

Dining, landscaping, building maintenance and custodial was outsourced last year. Information Technology is in the process of being outsourced as we speak. All administrative functions are under review for the same, and as of 3 weeks ago we can add Marketing and Communications (Jason's former position included) to the list.

The relevant point here is that the decision to outsource probably had nothing to do with Jason's competency (good luck to Jason, I hope he does well). But if one is to discuss WHY he made the move to the Athletics Dept, they need to be aware of the whole picture.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Information Technology is in the process of being outsourced as we speak.

"You've reached Texas A&M University IT Help desk. My name Peggy."
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
Lateralus Ag, Jason sold leaving the Big 12 and tu (meaning the tu game) to a fanbase whose older generation basically defined themselves by the lost rivalry.

Jason Cook was the second biggest reason the Old Army signed off on the move. Only the "call your cable provider to request the LHN" commercials on ESPN did more.

As far as I am concerned he deserves a statue right next to Bowtie.

Wrong. Kevin Sumlin and the Fightin Texas Aggie Football team, led by Johnny ****ing Football is why Old Army bought the move. We suck last year and you would have heard nothing but *****ing from Old Army about leaving the Big WTF. You're delusional on infinite levels if you believe Cook had anything to do with that.

Oh, and by the way, there's plenty of old Army that still thinks we should be in the Big WTF playing the flying uteruses. Just fyi.

Dumbass. Build your statues....it will be nice to see how long those guys are around.
MooreTrucker
AG
That's probably the narrowest possible view of what happened that you could put out there.
BTHO Pessimism
quote:
And all you asshats that say Jason is the greatest and has done so much to improve our national image, name ONE THING he did to improve our image BEFORE this past football season. I can name something he did DURING the football season (or just prior to) that made us look like complete MORANS....a particular YouTube video comes to mind....

I'm no expert on what Jason Cook's responsibilities were before, during, or after our entry into the SEC; however, my sense is that I have no knowledge that he was not performing his duties well. I would compare his pre past football season job actions to an Army general whose job it is to keep his army excellently prepared for a future conflict. There is not a lot of glory or news made about his job well done with that. I would compare the same General's excellent and successful battle plans after a conflict arises which does showcase his excellent judgements and decision makings to Jason's last football season decision makings. There is just less whoop dee doo before the big changes take place which then make a lot of new news whoop dee doo. That is my comparison.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.