Story Poster
Photo by Jamie Maury, TexAgs
Texas A&M Football

Brandon Leone shares which A&M position groups have his attention

August 19, 2024

The Aggies are less than two weeks away from the start of their highly anticipated 2024 football season. Former Texas A&M RB and DB Brandon Leone joins TexAgs Radio to discuss what he's excited to see from the team this year.

Key notes from Brandon Leone interview

• What position group am I most interested in? My first answer would be due to unfortunate circumstances, I am intrigued by the running backs with the loss of Rueben OwensEJ Smith and Amari Daniels both did very well last year. Amari has proved himself.

• I went back and watched the Miami game. I was super impressed by Conner Weigman and the throws he made. That was with terrible protection. Amari had a good game. He ran hard. I haven't seen much of EJ, but I am intrigued with how they'll use him. I know the coaches won't say anything, but I'm excited for a couple of other guys, maybe Terry Bussey, that they could put in the backfield.

• The two positions I'm also intrigued in watching are offensive line and linebackers. I want to see what Solomon DeShields and Scooby Williams bring to the linebackers. They are experienced guys in their tenure. It will be interesting to see how they do. You plug in Taurean York, then the group can be upgraded. 

• Texas A&M could have a top-25 offense if the offensive line grades out at a B. That would provide Conner with the ability and protection to be Conner. He has flashed so much potential with a subpar O-line. Everyone is talking about Conner’s ceiling being a first-round guy. That would require a heck of a season. If A&M has a top-25 offense, they make the College Football Playoff.

• In the last three years, A&M was a top-seven team, talent-wise. That's why it was frustrating. What Mike Elko, Jay Bateman and Collin Klein have going, we still have a significant amount of talent. 

• Everyone talks about BAS or Battered Aggie Syndrome... We are frustrated. We are tired of being in the championship-caliber program and not getting there. If you are an Aggie, you are emotionally invested in this thing.

• The scar tissue is there, but scar tissue can be healed. Elko seems like a professional. You could plug him into a business, and it would be operational. 

• Bussey is a talented kid. It's very rare that a freshman can alter a team's season. He can be a person that makes two to four impact plays a game. I do think he can be an impact player. It's going to be fun to see how they use him.
Discussion from...

Brandon Leone shares which A&M position groups have his attention

3,156 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by NewOldAg
GSPag`
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brandon's life is the Aggie story like so many Aggie stories which make our school so Grand.

I do enjoy his insights on what he sees each season. Keep them coming please.
AWP 97
AG
Brandon's story is the story of what set A&M back twenty years in football. It was these type of recruits that got Fran fired. I'm sure he is a nice guy and a dedicated Aggie but let's tamp down the rhetoric for these historically bad players that TexAgs hires to give analysis of the current team.
NewOldAg
AG
You're right; we should only hire the highly successful millionaires to provide analysis. /s How about you just don't consume the content rather than attack the guy? If no one consumed his content, TexAgs would make a change.

Personally, I love his content. So I'll keep watching.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.