Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Deion has already packed his bags for FSU

10,206 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by WolfCall
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mike Norvell is coming off an undefeated 13-0 ACC Championship season that should have resulted in a CFP appearance. He's off to a very disappointing 0-3 start, including an embarrassing 20-12 home loss to Memphis after a bye week, but I doubt Florida State would fire him a year after an undefeated 13-0 ACC Championship season.

Billy Napier is much more likely to be fired than Mike Norvell. Dating back to a 43-20 loss to Georgia on 10/28/23, Florida has lost 7 consecutive games against Power 4 teams, including 4 consecutive home games against Power 4 teams. 2 of those 4 home losses were by 13+ points. Billy Napier has dropped to 7-16 against Power 4 teams, including 5-6 at home. I think Napier is Bryan Harsin 2.0

I doubt Florida or any Power 4 school would hire Deion Sanders as head coach. After a 3-0 start, Sanders lost 8 of 9 Pac 12 games, including his last 6. Dating back to a 42-6 loss at Oregon on 9/23/23, Colorado has lost 9 of their last 10 games against Power 4 opponents. His best hope of being a head coach is at a Group of 5 school. If he wants to coach at a Power 4 school, he could be a secondary coach.
rootube
AG
Seamaster said:

They wouldn't hire him.

Here's what's going to happen.

State beats CU tonight.

Shadeur and Travis basically "opt out" for the rest of the season because "What's the point?"

Prime sleepwalks through the rest of the season.

They lose every other game.

Prime walks away at the end. The entire charade was to pump his son and Travis.

CU got played.

Prime retires from coaching and joins the media circuit.

Mark it down.

I marked it down. Looks like every prediction you made was false just like the rumor to FSU.
Aggie Dad 26
Buford T. Justice said:

&ct=g

Typically ends in auto-fail

"State beats CU tonigjt" lol

Fail Confirmed
Divining Rod
If there is any kind of coaching spectrum, it could literallly range from "Priime" to "Elko" and capture 99% of coaching styles.
halfastros81
AG
That's a good thing …. for us.
WC94
AG
I didn't realize he played 9 seasons in MLB. Dude might not be a good coach, but is an athlete for sure.
Commander Gorn
AG
I think a lot of people lump Norvell and Napier into the same group just because they're in Florida. Napier is going to get canned but Norvell is coming off an undefeated regular season and what should have been a spot in the CFP (had they not had the injuries they had). While 0-3 is a brutal way to start the year, he's really turned FSU around from what it had been. I'd be shocked if they fired him
rootube
AG
I kinda get your point but I think this is the first time ever a top 10 team started the year 0-3. And they have Cal this weekend so it's not inconceivable that they could start 0-4.
Aggie Dad 26
I can't imagine any program that's serious about winning hiring "Coach Prime"

I'm sure there are plenty of schools that could use the cash he generates though I think that's got a short expiration date. Colorado was perfect for him. They're thrilled to have 4 win seasons as long as "Prime" is there
WolfCall
AG
Not sure which is worse: tu threads, or Deion threads.

The Deion hype reminds me of the teenage girls crushing on the singer Dion in the late 1950s and early 1960s:

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.