Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Conner is stil QB1

29,145 Views | 280 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by antman8504
Ag_EE_88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How is that surprising? Staff left an injured Weigman in the game against nd and didn't try Reed in the 2nd half because they were playing not to lose. On top of that, Elko himself has said they've seen thousands of reps and we haven't so they know better....
Floppy Leon
AG
Slicer97 said:

Ask Drew Bledsoe.

And Tony Romo..
Artorias
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

ViewFromTheSidelines said:

It's a little crazy that we are even discussing this after Florida game.
Not really, FL was really bad. Look at the week prior. Each got a half, Conner looked great, Reed looked meh.

I don't expect Conner to be healthy this week and Reed will play so getting to see another game of what we have in Reed would be nice.
Nobody cares about McNeese.

Reed has looked great against the two real teams he has faced.

ABATTBQ87
AG
Weigman is day to day and will have shoulder rest imaged to confirm no other damage, per Elko at today's press conference
TyperWoods
Elko using that Sicilian logic on Bowling Green:

You would think CW is starter because he was before injury

But BG knows that, so clearly CW can not be the starter

Which leaves MR. Who played great the 1st half and won the Fla game.

But BG knows that, so clearly MR can not be the starter.

Which means CW is the starter. Because if he's recovered he can work out his issues before SEC play continues.

But BG knows this, so clearly CW can not be the starter.

Which means MR is the starter. Because he can gain experience before SEC play.

But BG knows this, so clearly MR cannot be the starter.

So that means CW is the starter. LOOK!!!!! A SQUIRREL!!!!!!!

MR starts with CW listed as questionable.

LB12Diamond
AG
Elko stated in his PC when specifically asked about starting QB.

"We will start whoever we think gives us the best chance to win."

Perfect answer

A lot different than what he said two weeks ago following the ND loss.
Aggie_Nuke
AG
ElephantRider said:

Wabs said:

Reed is a playmaker. With the state of our OL, he gives us the best chance to win games. Clearly he should be QB1.
I'm by no means advocating for CW to start, but Reed is going to get hurt running as much as he did against Florida. That kid is skin and bones.
"skin and bones"....... you mean like JFF ?

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
ahpetty33
AG
Ags2013 said:

HeyAbbott said:

The ideal scenario would be to rest Weigman this week and play Reed at home to get another game experience before our upcoming SEC games. Then hopefully Weigman will be healthy enough by the Arkansas game to give us 2 QBs to utilize as needed.
If you have two QBs, you have zero QBs

This line is repeated over and over when people are uncomfortable with tense situations and would rather not deal with it. It is only true when you have two equally BAD quarterbacks.

TU has 'fan controversy' with 2 quarterbacks fairly equal in talent- arch is going to step in and do great. Ohio state had 2 QBs injured and won a national championship with their 3rd string QB. Alabama won an SEC championship with 2 quarterbacks, benching one in the middle of the big game. Those QBs are both on their 2nd contract making $40 million+/year in the NFL. Heck, A&M had 2 quarterbacks and chased them both out of town because of coaching malpractice. THOSE two quarterbacks are also in the NFL.

A good culture can handle it. You would rather have 1 good QB and a bunch of trash backups to make your decision easier?
1876er
AG
100% chance Conner is already working on his transfer destination. He'll be in the portal the day it opens.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
1876er said:

100% chance Conner is already working on his transfer destination. He'll be in the portal the day it opens.
That's the way it goes. On opening day he wasn't ready for whatever reason then he got injured. It is up to him on how to respond, either be engaged and be prepared to get back in and win or find the next landing spot at a commuter school.
agwrestler
AG
Ags2013 said:

HeyAbbott said:

The ideal scenario would be to rest Weigman this week and play Reed at home to get another game experience before our upcoming SEC games. Then hopefully Weigman will be healthy enough by the Arkansas game to give us 2 QBs to utilize as needed.
If you have two QBs, you have zero QBs

How does your Pentium processor handle the Texags adds/graphics?
taylorswift13_
The only ones who want Conner to be our QB1 are our donors, BraxtonW, tu fans, and the fan base of anyone were playing that week…
Honolulu Blue
This would be worse than any singular decision Jimbo ever made, apart from Adazzio
rootube
AG
Where is Theo Ohrstrom at TE on that sheet?
antman8504
AG
vander54 said:

If Conner is close to 100% I have no issue starting him with a short leash.
that is because you read WAY too much texags and Billy.
antman8504
AG
Sterling82 said:

It's because one game isn't the entire picture. If it was, Lagway would be the starter for UF and Mertz would never see the field again. And how popular would that be for all the "experts" to watch Lagway struggle in numerous games going forward. Reed has shown a lot in two of three games but if the coaches believe Weigman gives us the best chance to win against the better competition ahead, there has to be a basis for it. I know that gets in the way of the Weigman hate because he had a terrible game against ND…we all saw that. But I'm willing to let it play out. Whoever plays, I'm not in the mood for a 500 season because we just need either QB to get more experience.
But we have had more than one game with Connor. He is has been good at times, never great. and he has been REALLY bad too. He does not pushed the ball down the field against power 5 teams. Our O looks bad with him in because they stack the line and force Connor to throw down field in which he is pretty inaccurate. I know some of of yall are holding on to hope but dang, OPEN your eyes to the football field instead of Billy's articles about practice.
antman8504
AG
If Reed had the same career that Connor has had up to this point at A&M and Connor was waiting on the bench and came in and looked the way Reed has, NO ONE would be arguing for Reed to continue to get chances.

Just show how obsessed some of you are with high school stars, SMH
LB12Diamond
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

The only ones who want Conner to be our QB1 are our donors, BraxtonW, tu fans, and the fan base of anyone were playing that week…

All that matters is who Klein wants. And we both know what that is. Reed will start.
William K. Klingaman

It really is
Magneto
AG
Jackie said

1) CW must be 100% healed
2) the coaches get paid to make the hard decisions on choosing the QB based upon energy with the team, performance, and consistency.
3) preseason selection can be thrown out the window based upon current progress

big red dog
Florida D is the worst we will see this year.
one safe place
LB12Diamond said:

Elko stated in his PC when specifically asked about starting QB.

"We will start whoever we think gives us the best chance to win."

Perfect answer

A lot different than what he said two weeks ago following the ND loss.
That means Reed is going to start, as he should.
cevans_40
AG
LB12Diamond said:

AgLA06 said:

LB12Diamond said:

vander54 said:

If Conner is close to 100% I have no issue starting him with a short leash.

Why?

I'll tell why I would have an issue with it. Play calling and playbook. Klein did not use it all with CW. He did with Reed. Looked like his offense at K State.

I have several other areas as well but just this one alone makes it an obvious choice.

That being said. I will be surprised if Reed is not the starter Saturday.
And yet Reed wasn't the starter because the coaching staff didn't think he was better than Conner. Maybe he is now, but to just make a decision that puts your starter one foot out the door to appease a fan base isn't very smart.

I get why Conner got the initial start. And it was not to appease the fan base. LOL

As I also pointed out Klein did not run all his offense with CW. This is a problem. If it was bc they were using kid gloves bc he's coming off the injury in the first game. And the second game he had another injury in his shoulder.

I also think Reed is starting so not really getting bent out of shape on this one.

Sorry, but you have no idea if this is true because you have no idea what plays we have put in for what personnel groupings.
PatAg
AG
vander54 said:

Bowling Green Depth Chart has him as the starter. So now we wait to see if he's still injured.

He learnign to read a defense in one week?
rootube
AG
big red dog said:

Is this from the ND D is the best we will see all year crowd?
nelsonagholor
AG
antman8504 said:

If Reed had the same career that Connor has had up to this point at A&M and Connor was waiting on the bench and came in and looked the way Reed has, NO ONE would be arguing for Reed to continue to get chances.

I mean Weigman did look good last year before the injury. There's still no reason not to start Reed imo, especially against a team like Bowling Green when Conner is still recovering from an injury
dcg4403
AG
Elko spoke to this. Weigman will continue to be listed as day to day and week to week. Being a game time decision for the next few weeks.

Meaning unless Weigman shows some stellar stardom at practice, Reed is the starter. Or that's how I interpret. I bet Reed is announced as QB1 after Bowling Green if he matches the Florida performance.

Zoo? Dont overreact at this point. Elko will make the right choice and Weigman doesnt deserve an instant boot to QB2. Maybe we see both QBs on Sat and thats the final deciding factor. I just know Conner has a complicated situation and the staff is trying their best to be supportive of this young man.
Sparkie
AG
antman8504 said:

Who had a QBR of 17 versus MCN? Oh snap, it ain't Conner.
vander54
S
That game doesnt matter for Reed
World's worst proofreader
Sparkie
AG
vander54 said:

That game doesnt matter for Reed
nd didn't matter. it was preseason.
vander54
S
1 game

I wont be disappointed with either QB playing as long as the leash for each is right.
World's worst proofreader
Dad
AG
I haven't seen enough to say one should be named the official starter. It was one game.

I would pick Reed if it were up to me but you could make a solid argument to go with Weigman and give him a shorter leash.
RoadkillBBQ
vander54 said:

Bowling Green Depth Chart has him as the starter. So now we wait to see if he's still injured.

I'd guess that chart means very little when it has Brooks listed as the starter at Safety. He's out 1st half vs BG for that targeting call in the 3rd.
tk111
AG
big red dog said:

lol no its not. We play MSST and auburn. They are terribad.
SourLakeAg
This your real argument?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.