Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Steve Addazio

5,382 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by agracer
ChrisHansen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can he be sued for breach of contract for not even trying to coach O line the last two years? Don't care what happens the rest of year, it is painfully obvious that the O line was completely mismanaged under him.
92_Ag
AG
Same answer as if the big money Ags who gave out ridiculous contract extensions to Sumlin and Fisher can be sued for incompetence of fiduciary duty.

No.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
It was obvious the last two years. No one team is supposed to burn thru that many injured quarterbacks.
bam02
AG
No. Seriously… Let it go. He's gone. I doubt he wanted to suck.
Fatboy Thaddeus
bam02 said:

No, that's the point of threads like this. He can only be as incompetent as he was through premeditated, perhaps even preconspired, malice.
Ags4DaWin
bam02 said:

What we found out after Jimbo left is that Jimbo only showed up on Mondays and for the flight to the game and gamedays and held noone accountable, coaches or players for actually getting workouts in.

And when you think about it, why would he have? Showing up to work was never a stipulation of his contract.

So it is highly likely Addazio took a cue from old Jimbo and never actually forced the o line to practice or work out those two years.
dcg4403
AG
"What we found out after Jimbo left is that Jimbo only showed up on Mondays and for the flight to the game and gamedays and held noone accountable, coaches or players for actually getting workouts in."

Are you being serious about showing up on Mondays and travel days? You and other people honestly believe this? Or did I miss an attempt at sarcasm?
TMF
AG
He was just collecting a paycheck like all of them.
1st Generation Ag
Every fanbase goes through this. Being bad at your job is not a "for cause" breach of contract.

Usually though, the point is to save money on dumping a coach, not to sue him as revenge for hurt feelings.
greg.w.h
AG
ChrisHansen said:

Can he be sued for breach of contract for not even trying to coach O line the last two years? Don't care what happens the rest of year, it is painfully obvious that the O line was completely mismanaged under him.
Hore an attorney and spend a lot of money to get the answer. It's still going to be no…
Luke The Drifter
AG
dcg4403 said:

"What we found out after Jimbo left is that Jimbo only showed up on Mondays and for the flight to the game and gamedays and held noone accountable, coaches or players for actually getting workouts in."

Are you being serious about showing up on Mondays and travel days? You and other people honestly believe this? Or did I miss an attempt at sarcasm?

There were several "insider" folks that came out of the woodwork after Jimbo got whacked. I think it was The Athletic that ran a piece where several players, assistant coaches, and staffers said they would sometimes go for days without seeing Jimbo. He would disappear after Sunday meetings or Monday practice, head out on a private jet, and not get back to town 'til Thursday morning. Who knows if that's actually true or not...but there were several "sources" that had similar stories of Jimbo's lack of commitment to practice and film time during the week.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
TXAGBQ76
AG
What was their "fiduciary duty"? They were spending their own money.
Divining Rod
TXAGBQ76 said:

they thus pre-empted my own ability to spend mega millions to bring the coach that I WANTED.
KCup17
AG
He who must not be named… really unforgivable what he did to our OL the past 2 seasons
Golf1
AG
Wait I thought the whole team was falling apart after the notre dame game and we had nothing to look forward to the rest of the season?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Just outbid them! Show them who the boss really is!
usmcbrooks

Let me guess. A&M should sue Jimbo too? That's one of the million things wrong with this country everybody wants to litigate over their bad decisions. Let it go!
Aggie Dad 26
bam02 said:

But he tried and was so good at it
SolidRockAg
Steve "he is" Azzmydude
historytexas
AG
https://knowyourmeme.com/videos/151742-vine
92_Ag
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Isn't that part of the joke?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yep, just checking to see if he knew what fiduciary duty meant,
AtticusMatlock
A lot of it was scheme. We were not very multiple with our run game. We did not use a lot of motion. We generally waited until very late in the snap count to snap the ball because it took so long to get the play in. Defenses were allowed to just tee off on our linemen.

It makes it very difficult to pass protect when they know you are going to pass and they know exactly when you're going to snap the ball and you never really mix up anything. Defenses also figured out that they could just bait certain play calls from us based on their alignment.
agracer
AG
AtticusMatlock said:

A lot of it was scheme. We were not very multiple with our run game. We did not use a lot of motion. We generally waited until very late in the snap count to snap the ball because it took so long to get the play in. Defenses were allowed to just tee off on our linemen.

It makes it very difficult to pass protect when they know you are going to pass and they know exactly when you're going to snap the ball and you never really mix up anything. Defenses also figured out that they could just bait certain play calls from us based on their alignment.
remember the Bama game where the DE or OLB (can't recall) would signal the rest of the Bama defense if the play was run or pass based on how the left tackle set his feet when he lined up. Like if his outside foot was back it was a pass but if his feet were square to the line it was run.....that was fun.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.