Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Terry Bussey - Best use as WR or HB?

1,850 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by 90ags
jjimag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
His speed is such a weapon, and I know he's primarily getting some playing time on offense as a running back.

But can we use him more as a WR? He could be like an Ainias Smith receiver, and quite frankly I think we are still missing more threats within our receivers.
SABUILDERAG
Both please. And moar.
Divining Rod
I think they'll be incorporating his skills more and more. It takes some time.... Ainias was targeted 36 times his freshman year, with 22 receptions.

He wasnt thrown a pass until his 3rd game, a 62-3 blowout vs. Lamar where he caught 6 passes.
Too Chains
AG
Anias Smith Jr.
TX_Aggie37
AG
I have noticed one touch as a RB in the offense. He lines up as a WR more often than not. We have done a good job of getting the ball to him on jet sweep type plays. One thing I've noticed is so far this season when he comes in motion, he gets the ball almost every time. Good to have that on film in my opinion.
94chem
I'd have all 3 RB's on the field at times. Line up 5 wide. Vary who goes in motion. Or quick snap with no motion. Motion Thor from wideout to TE. Or don't. You can do anything from air raid to power running if you line up in 5 wides quickly with your best 5 athletes on the field.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
halfastros81
AG
Might we see him at db at some point as well if we have more injuries in the secondary ?
StinkyPinky
AG
Too Chains said:

Anias Smith Jr.
Ainias…
jjimag
For some reason I thought I've seen him in the backfield. Well that's encouraging then. I think he'd wreck havoc as a receiver and being a motion/jet sweep threat.

We need an Ainias Smith or Christian Kirk like receiver catching passes. I just don't see a legitimate "threat" that the defense will have to constantly be concerned about big chunks of yards after catch
TX_Aggie37
AG
Cyrus Allen is that guy right now. Seems like we made more effort to get Barber the ball as well since he was back last week. Both those guys are RAC guys, although I'm not sure either is a true burner.

Bussey will continue to get more involved in the offense, as he should.
ChrisHansen
AG
Think it'll take him some time to get worked into the offense. He played QB all through high school for a small school. I've been impressed with him so far. Seems like they've been working him into more stuff each game.
warrington74
AG
HB/qb
Maybe five runs a game and three passes out to the flat, two RPO's
Aggie Dad 26
SABUILDERAG said:

Both please. And moar.

Correct
andrews372
The kid is electric, so just get him the damn ball
90ags
A few more passes in the flat to setup later in the season...

He's a wheel route out of the backfield or WR in motion for TD nightmare for someone we play this season.

Hoping to see him w a KR and PR for TDs eventually too.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.