Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Zoo? Listen to Reed's father fools!!!

4,217 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 58 min ago by AggieDruggist89
dcg4403
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure how many read the article but please do.

The dad of Reed himself understands the situation with Weigman as a veteran football coach.

"As a coach speaking … I'm not a big proponent of guys losing their starting job when they're injured," Roderick said. "Selfishly, as a dad, I want to see my son out there.

"Marcel's got to put together a body of work. He had a great game. One game doesn't make a quarterback. One week. you can be the hero, and the next week, you can be the goat. Each week, it starts over on Monday."

We all want the next JFF. Maybe it is Reed. Maybe it is Weigman. Young generation demanding instant gratification (more and more acting like sip fans).

One game at a time Ags. Reed has far more to prove than Weigman at this point in time.

Let's review after Bowling. I hope to see both Reed and Weig playing lights out ball on Sat. But Weig probably stays resting for that joint strain.

Likely take until after Miss State to know who it is. And I think Elko may play both at specific times the entire season. This is not a bad thing. This entire decision is immensely impactful both from a NIL perspective and also our goals in 2025. Not nearly as simply as a lot of you want to believe. One game does NOT define a player. Either good or bad. Wise words to consider.
iisanaggie
AG
Nice to see a parent who is supporting his son as well as his son's teammates.
Bill Superman
AG
Didn't realize he was a coach's son. Makes me like him even more and assume he's been raised right and has the leadership skills and work ethic needed to carry a team.
greg.w.h
AG
That was very good. I agree with Coach Dad Reed. Now what do we do about it?
dcg4403
AG
Yep impressive and says a lot about Reed. Think this kid is committed to the program as a true football playe4.

But then again, he is going to be in high demand this off season unless his game tape goes down hill. Kid has been off the radar until Florida.

Another reason why I think Elko is gonna give em both playing time all season.
Frank Grimes
AG
dcg4403 said:

The dad of Reed himself understands the situation with Weigman as a veteran football coach.

"As a coach speaking … I'm not a big proponent of guys losing their starting job when they're injured," Roderick said. "Selfishly, as a dad, I want to see my son out there.

"Marcel's got to put together a body of work. He had a great game. One game doesn't make a quarterback. One week. you can be the hero, and the next week, you can be the goat. Each week, it starts over on Monday."

We all want the next JFF. Maybe it is Reed. Maybe it is Weigman. Young generation demanding instant gratification (more and more acting like sip fans).

One game at a time Ags. Reed has far more to prove than Weigman at this point in time.

Let's review after Bowling. I hope to see both Reed and Weig playing lights out ball on Sat. But Weig probably stays resting for that joint strain.

Likely take until after Miss State to know who it is. And I think Elko may play both at specific times the entire season. This is not a bad thing. This entire decision is immensely impactful both from a NIL perspective and also our goals in 2025. Not nearly as simply as a lot of you want to believe. One game does NOT define a player. Either good or bad. Wise words to consider.

His dad and you make some good points, but I don't know that I can agree with this one: "Reed has far more to prove than Weigman at this point in time." Weigman had a chance to have a decent game in a marquee matchup week one, and he shat the bed. It seems like he needs to prove that he will not do the same the next time is playing against a real opponent.
MikeA245
Anyone with the opinion that Reed is the better option for us going forward, doesn't make them a fool. Also, that's great his dad understands the politics behind it all. None of it negates what we saw on the field last Saturday.

And

Reed's better
sam callahan
Got nothing against Weigman and hope the best for him.

But he is not the next JFF. You can see the fear on his face throughout the ND game. Afraid to fail? Afraid of reinjury? Afraid in general? I don't know, but the result is the same.
Honolulu Blue
The position change shouldn't be bc of the injury. I agree with that. But there should still be a change.
HarryRocket
There will not be another JFF.
AgPediRPh
AG
Weigman's job isn't in jeopardy because of the injury.
Divining Rod
HarryRocket said:

There will not be another JFF.
As much as I dislike many things about J Football, he is one of the VERY FEW who actually deserve the most-overused superlative of our "time:

"A GENERATIONAL TALENT".
Artorias
AG
AgPediRPh said:

Weigman's job isn't in jeopardy because of the injury.

EOT
agracer
AG
sam callahan said:

But he is not the next JFF. You can see the fear on his face throughout the ND game. Afraid to fail? Afraid of reinjury? Afraid in general? I don't know, but the result is the same.

He hasn't had the fear of making mistakes that was instilled by the last fraud coached out of him yet.
NoahAg
Too bad Kevin Murray wasn't more like Coach Reed. Maybe Kyler would've won a Heisman here instead of ou.
kbarj
AG
NoahAg said:

Too bad Kevin Murray wasn't more like Coach Reed. Maybe Kyler would've won a Heisman here instead of ou.
I think there was a major issue with Sumlin at the time. Coach Reed might have pulled his son out as well.
Bill '77
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Quote:

We all want the next JFF. Maybe it is Reed. Maybe it is Weigman.

Let me stop you there. It ain't Weigman.
Wearetheaggies
AG
kbarj said:

NoahAg said:

I think there was a major issue with Sumlin at the time. Coach Reed might have pulled his son out as well.

Had a similar situation with two kids I coached. Sat them and their parents down to explain that decisions would be made in the best interest of the team and our best chances at a win. Communication above all else folks.
rootube
AG
dcg4403 said:

Reed needs to put together a body of work. You know who else needs to do that Weigman.
MisterJones
AG
Take your reason and logic and GTFO.
This is the zoo for a reason!
/sarcasm
Faustus
Quote:

Zoo? Listen to Reed's father fools!!!

You can only pity those that won't listen.
Aggie Dad 26
Thanks Mr. Reed. Your son is the best QB on our roster
Ag1188
AG
Be nice if you only included his father's quotes and not your own opinions in your post, which clearly confused some readers.
Ag1188
AG
Quote:

His dad and you make some good points, but I don't know that I can agree with this one: "Reed has far more to prove than Weigman at this point in time."
Mr. Reed did not say that quote about "far more to prove". That was OP inserting his own perplexing opinion on the matter.
Aggie Dad 26
Anyone consider that maybe his son becomes a starter here and at some point gets injured? Say... misses 1 game? Of course the back up comes in and if he plays lights out he fears his son loses his status. He's also smart enough to know that the qb room needs to support each other. Saying all the right things makes the most sense
Artimus Gordon
AG
Heck I am even more impressed with Marcel now after having read that. He has a tremendous upside. Let's see how he developes.
Z Team
AG
The zoo, where everyone thinks their opinion is right and matters. .
Your support matters way more than your opinion.

Elko, Klein and Bateman have shown enough to deserve our support. All the players deserve our respect and support as fellow Aggies. Then let em coach and let em play.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Bah.... Coach talk...
Wearetheaggies
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Bah.... Coach talk...

As opposed to Zoo talk?
MCMXCVII
AG
sam callahan said:

This 100%
AggieDruggist89
AG
Wearetheaggies said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Bah.... Coach talk...

As opposed to Zoo talk?

Zoo talk is what we do.

Dad Reed doesn't Zoo talk.

He's coach talk.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.