FS - 1986 Petrof The IV /3 A Baby Grand Piano

480 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by TresPuertas
TresPuertas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Posting for a fellow ag trying to help him out after his father suddenly passed away.

I'll start by saying i know squat about pianos, selling pianos, and moving pianos, save from what i've researched today.

It looks like these typically go from the $15k-18k range and i think they'd probably take $12-13 k. Piano is in excellent condition.

Not sure if anyone has any information or advice on how to sell a piano but if anyone has any advice or experience I'd really appreciate it.

farmersfight
AG
check with a piano mover, they know how that market works.
mefoghorn
AG
Where is this located? How long is it? I believe Petroff to be a very good brand, but not very well-known. I would think it's worth it to have a technician out to service it and give you a good technical description of the overall condition an playability.

Sadly, these great instruments are not in much demand.
I know of a similar situation with a 9 foot Kawai concert grand. Incredible instrument but not many places can take that on This one should be easier as it's just a baby grand, but it could be hard to find someone that appreciates and will pay for the Petrof quality.
TresPuertas
AG
I went down a huge rabbit hole last night and can answer some of these questions

This piano originated in the Czech Republic and is a 1986 model. this is interesting because there apparently is some sort of disagreement amongst the expert community about the quality of these pianos pre and post communism. Not sure if any of its proven but a pretty interesting side note none the less.

The piano is in Richardson Tx

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.