*** 2022 NBA Playoffs ***

14,777 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Iowaggie
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gotta wonder if this is a career ending injury for Danny Green.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
It was great to watch the Golden State Warriors defeat the Memphis Grizzlies 110-96 in Game 6 to win the Western Conference Semifinals 4-2. After the Grizzlies led the Warriors 89-87 with 6:30 left, the Warriors ended the game on a 23-4 run to advance to win a closeout game at Chase Center for the 2nd consecutive playoff series. Also, the Warriors improved to 6-0 in home playoff games. As a result, the Warriors advance to their 6th Western Conference Finals appearance since 2015 and 1st since 2019. The Warriors will have at least 3 days of rest before hosting the Dallas Mavericks or visiting the Phoenix Suns in Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals. Go Warriors!
500,000ags
AG
Great game for Klay. Not a Warriors fan, but it's cool to watch them after seeing him and the team spend two years in purgatory.
LawHall88
AG
Phoenix has decided it wants to go on vacation.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Another Chris Paul masterpiece

Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The No. 2 Boston Celtics dominated the No. 3 Milwaukee Bucks 109-81 in Game 7 to advance to their 37th Eastern Conference Finals appearance and 2nd in 3 years.

The No. 4 Dallas Mavericks dominated the No. 1 Phoenix Suns 123-90 from start to finish in a road Game 7 to advance to the Western Conference Finals for the first time since 2011.

As a result, the top two seeds in the Western Conference are eliminated. The 64-18 Phoenix Suns and 56-26 Memphis Grizzlies also had more wins than any eastern conference team, but they both choked in the Western Conference Semifinals.

For two reasons, this is a huge break for the Golden State Warriors. The Golden State Warriors will have home court advantage over the Dallas Mavericks in the Western Conference Finals. Because the Warriors are 6-0 in home playoff games this year, I believe home court advantage in the Western Conference Finals will increase their chances of reaching the NBA Finals. Also, the Warriors will get 4 days rest before Game 1 on Wednesday, May 18th and not have to travel for a road game until playing in Dallas for Game 3 on Sunday, May 22nd. The Warriors' previous road game was a Western Conference Semifinals Game 5 in Memphis last Wednesday, May 11th.

Eastern Conference Finals: No. 2 Boston Celtics vs No. 1 Miami Heat

Western Conference Finals: No. 4 Dallas Mavericks vs No. 3 Golden State Warriors
TXAG 05
AG
Go Warriors or Eastern Conference!
AAggie
TXAG 05 said:

Sapper Redux
I never see any Celtics fans here, so I don't really post, but really looking forward to this series and to watching the WCF. Looks like the oddsmakers have the Warriors as most likely to take the title with the C's behind them, then the Heat, then the Mavs. Was kind of surprised about that. The Warriors haven't really impressed me this season. They're very good, but very beatable.
aggiedadofpanda
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Welcome to the chat Rockets fan...
TXAG 05
AG
aggiedadofpanda said:

TXAG 05 said:

Spurs fan actually. The mavericks being successful just devalues the whole thing.
The Shank Ag
TXAG 05 said:

aggiedadofpanda said:

TXAG 05 said:

Spurs fan actually. The mavericks being successful just devalues the whole thing.
I'll bring up a story I've told once before.

I grew up in the southern reaches of the metroplex (Cleburne). I'm 35 so the Cowboy's prime years were right during my formative youth and of course I was a huge fan. Same with the Stars, Rangers, and of course Mavs. But I rooted on other Texas teams as well and had no ill will. I loved watching Hakeem and the Rockets take two during Jordan's first retirement. I loved seeing the Spurs break through with the Twin Towers and Avery. I loved seeing the Oilers always making the playoffs in the early 90s and hoped we'd get an all Texas superbowl.

Then I started my freshman year at A&M. I was openly rooting on the Astros to make and then win the world series and got questioning looks from Astros fans? Why is a guy that's a huge DFW sports fan rooting for Astros? Then I saw the same Texans fans and Rockets/Spurs fans openly rooting for the Cowboys and Mavs to lose every game, saying how bad DFW was, and generally trashing anything north of Waco. I was so confused. I never knew that there was this big rivalry between the two. I certainly never heard it growing up at home or in school or from the DFW area talking heads. The longer this went on, I started to get a disdain for those teams as well because of their fans.

Rooting for one to beat the other is one thing. Rooting for one to lose when the other is not involved at all is completely different and I hate that my experiences led me down that road. It's not like they recruit against each other like colleges do, where one not having success could be a windfall for the other with players.

So thanks Rockets, Astros, Texans, and Spurs fans for the jaded outlook from someone that used to root you on at every turn.
TXAG 05
AG
Dallas fans do the same thing, not sure how you missed that.

My dislike for the mavs mostly comes from Cuban, cants stand that guy. Plus everyone knows that the city of Dallas blows.
The Shank Ag
TXAG 05 said:

Dallas fans do the same thing, not sure how you missed that.

Never saw it/heard it. Literally nobody up here said anything bad about Houston or San Antonio. The hate is definitely much more one sided from what I've seen. Like A&M/Baylor one sided.
MookieBlaylock
AG
The design of Miami's stadium is awful
Half of the greatest seats are stairs and entrances
Modern Marvel in bad design
Goldie Wilson
Rough 3rd quarter for the Celtics
Airdale
LawHall88 said:

Classic Harden
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The Golden State Warriors defeated the Dallas Mavericks 109-100 in Game 3 to take a 3-0 lead in the Western Conference Finals. The Warriors snapped the Mavericks' streak of 5 consecutive home playoff wins and extended their record of winning at least one road playoff game in each series to 26 consecutive playoff series. Go Warriors!
Iowaggie
AG
GigEmAgsCaleb
Nothing going right for the Heat tonight
Enviroag02
AG
I guess Charles Barkley was right and Shaq wrong. It doesn't even take the DPOY to hold Jimmy Butler to under 40 pts.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
It was awesome to watch the Golden State Warriors defeat the Dallas Mavericks 120-110 in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals and win this series 4-1. As a result, the Warriors have advanced to the NBA Finals for the 6th time in 8 years. Go Warriors!
CoppellAg93
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

It was awesome to watch the Golden State Warriors defeat the Dallas Mavericks 120-110 in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals and win this series 4-1. As a result, the Warriors have advanced to the NBA Finals for the 6th time in 8 years. Go Warriors!
Are you pulling quotes from ESPN or something ?
MookieBlaylock
AG
Clearly you missed his sunshine pumping of that awful 49er team
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Congratulations to the Boston Celtics for defeating the Miami Heat 100-96 on the road in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals to win the series 4-3. The Celtics overcame 2 home losses, including Game 6, by winning 3 out of 4 road games in Miami to advance to their 22nd NBA Finals appearance. They will be heading to San Francisco to take on the Golden State Warriors in their quest for an 18th NBA Championship. I hope the Warriors defeat the Celtics in the NBA Finals to win their 7th NBA Championship and 1st since 2018.
LawHall88
AG
I thought Butler was gonna make that 3. Would have been an epic collapse by Boston.
Pound the Rock
AG
Say what you want about Brad Stevens and giving up the head coaching job, but his first year taking over
Responsibilities from ainge looks like a genius move!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Celtics in 6

Big Rob gonna be the third straight Aggie to win a ring.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Curry with 6/7 from 3 in the first qtr.
aggiebird02
Crazy!
amercer
AG
And taking a long rest in the 2nd
Sports-Ag
AG
Draymond barking at ref and of course no tech
txaggie02
AG
Incredible game!
Bullpen Chias
AG
Breaking in on NBA finals for a manhunt for first time since '94.
aggiebird02
Fun game. I hope Boston can take this first game…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.